Gold, Silver, Relics, Watches And A 1970's Military ID (returned)

Seeing the Super Bowl ads which included Mr. T and then seeing this haul lets us know, "It's still out there!"

You have to be too busy to post and watch this forum.

Grr, wrote a reply and it deleted itself.

Thanks all.  I stopped posting to Facebook, too much negativity and jealousy, I much prefer the forums 🙂

On 2/13/2024 at 5:57 PM, mn90403 said:

I've never found a beach like he and his wife have found.  

I did get 12 rings in one day but most of them were toast.  It was very much of a one-off type of deal.

2866 has one of those locations that takes decades of losses to have that many finds.

I'm an envious guy on the West Coast.  haha  It is really nice to see all the stuff tho.

Thanks Mn, it's a really cool spot not many people know about. The beach itself, many people have detected. But not many do the right spots, let alone in the water or during the winter. I've found very close to 600 rings there now, not including miss's as she doesn't count hers.  There's only 1 other person who's done well there that I know of. There's been more over the last 30 years I've heard rumors about, but they were extremely competitive and often argued about finds LOL. Thankfully I haven't bumped in to them yet. 

Unfortunately it's well sanded back in now. We went back twice last week and got nothing at all. All the good finds are back under at least .5-1 meter of sand.  😞 til the next storm I suppose. 

On 2/13/2024 at 10:57 PM, rvpopeye said:

Maybe we can talk TTT2866 into having a detecting party ? 😜arrrrrrrrr ! 

How 'bout it triple T ?  I'd even pay LOL  

That is one NICE lookin' hand full of deposits though .   The pic sure would make a great advert for your guide school !  🖖

On 2/13/2024 at 11:47 AM, rvpopeye said:

🤯 IMPRESSIVE !  you should give lessons or sumpin' ! 😎

I've thought about it, but don't wanna see every person I teach start doing my good spots!!! hahaha.

For what it's worth, I don't think I'd make more money than what I find there yet but I've definitely considered writing a book kinda thing. I learned everything from a very experienced metal detectorist on Facebook who was nice enough to publish a guide years ago, though I don't think he every posted it officially on any forums that I know of? Unfortunately as we all know, it's not all gold & glory, there's many many hours and days where we don't find anything 🙂

On 2/14/2024 at 3:58 AM, mn90403 said:

Seeing the Super Bowl ads which included Mr. T and then seeing this haul lets us know, "It's still out there!"

You have to be too busy to post and watch this forum.

I want to find a Mr. T chain next hehehe 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2024 at 7:51 AM, TTT2866 said:

I learned everything from a very experienced metal detectorist on Facebook who was nice enough to publish a guide years ago, though I don't think he every posted it officially on any forums that I know of?

And would you share with us that Facebook post? 💔🙏

That’s one heck of a cut that shows up after a storm. Stay on that one for sure!

• 4 weeks later...

Only things I find on our Lake Michigan beaches this time of the year say Pabst, Coors, Budweiser, etc. Some real nice finds there.