M-core M8 Coil Draws Blood On First Hunt

I take digging pull tabs as a challenge ! 

Like making down payments on that eventual gold find....😜

OK , on the walk back to the rig I've been known to skip 'em too.🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

some of these can companies are making their pull tabs gold in color which should be a crime. I dig, see the gold edge and of course I'm thinking we got a bingo only to find out it's from a rockstar can pull tab. There is a special place in hell for these people. 

• Like 4

On 2/20/2024 at 3:45 AM, Skate said:

some of these can companies are making their pull tabs gold in color which should be a crime. I dig, see the gold edge and of course I'm thinking we got a bingo only to find out it's from a rockstar can pull tab. There is a special place in hell for these people. 

You can always say you found a heap of GOLD tabs 🤩

On 2/17/2024 at 10:42 PM, strick said:

Man I haven't posted a hunt in a long time...been doing lots of projects and just haven't been going out at all. I was able to secure a M8 coil the other day and that amped me up to go out and see how it performed. This morning I hunted  two different basket ball courts in two different parks. It was raining and hardly anyone was out... I got wet and muddy but I had a good hunt and I'm happy about the M8 coil it performs really well. The gold ring is 10k and rang up a solid 31 which is where some pull tabs tid...so dig those tabs! 

I was hunting in all terrain general sensitivity below 20 most of the time , all tones 5 bin. with disk on most of the time...nice easy digging and back home by 11AM 

strick

thumbnail (20).jpeg

thumbnail (21).jpeg

thumbnail (22).jpeg

thumbnail (23).jpeg

thumbnail (24).jpeg

thumbnail (25).jpeg

On 2/17/2024 at 10:42 PM, strick said:

Man I haven't posted a hunt in a long time...been doing lots of projects and just haven't been going out at all. I was able to secure a M8 coil the other day and that amped me up to go out and see how it performed. This morning I hunted  two different basket ball courts in two different parks. It was raining and hardly anyone was out... I got wet and muddy but I had a good hunt and I'm happy about the M8 coil it performs really well. The gold ring is 10k and rang up a solid 31 which is where some pull tabs tid...so dig those tabs! 

I was hunting in all terrain general sensitivity below 20 most of the time , all tones 5 bin. with disk on most of the time...nice easy digging and back home by 11AM 

strick

thumbnail (20).jpeg

thumbnail (21).jpeg

thumbnail (22).jpeg

thumbnail (23).jpeg

thumbnail (24).jpeg

thumbnail (25).jpeg

It's a great coil to use on the manti. It may take a a bit longer to cover that ground, but you've got all the great advantages of the m8. I'm very taken with it, mainly due to its fine shape.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats on the Rings ……One thing I really like about the Manticore is its ability to pinpoint very accurately 

I mean a very dead on pinpoint,  very helpful in The city parks,  that’s with the 11 inch coil, imagine the M8 coil …..even on deep Targets ……..Also another bonus….when you activate The pinpoint function,  it’s not annoying, unlike other detectors . 

• Like 3

Nice work there.  I like park hunting with the 8.  It has quite a bit of 'off coil' sensitivity and reasonable depth.

The small coil find reminds me of the first time I used the 8 on the 800.  I found 4 rings at the beach.  I've since found other good jewelry but interestingly enough I've never found a nugget with it and I've tried for over 20 hours.  I've found a bit of gold with the 11" but not with the 8".

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I like park hunting with the 8. 

What am I thinking about?  The Equinox is a 6" coil.

4 hours ago, mn90403 said:

What am I thinking about?  The Equinox is a 6" coil.

I knew what you meant Mitchell But for a second I thought maybe you had acquired a M-Core...

been on a couple more quick hunts...a few silver jewelry items but no gold yet...still struggling to get out...I need to change that..

strick

• Thanks 1