GPX 6000 Continues To Amaze Me: Small Gold In A Fairly Deep Hole

• The title was changed to GPX 6000 Continues To Amaze Me: Small Gold In A Fairly Deep Hole

Thanks for the video.  That is a good combo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All excited/sidetracked with the E1500 I initially missed this thread, the 6K has got a big boost from the aftermarket coils, I`ve been equally amazed with depth I`m getting out of the small coiltek. Vid too.... good stuff. I haven`t used the 6K this year yet... tis bad... no

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 6000 screams on pellets very close to the coil, and quickly loses that, even an inch from the pellet they often become mellow soft targets especially the lead pellets, the steel type hold their signal a lot deeper, the target strength dies off dramatically on lead pellets, so it can be used as a form of pellet discrimination as long as the pellets are relatively fresh ones on the surface.  Once they're have time to sink down in soils a bit all bets are off.

Congratulations on the gold.   The little guy is a nice flat bit, should get good target strength on that one.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The 6000 screams on pellets very close to the coil, and quickly loses that, even an inch from the pellet they often become mellow soft targets especially the lead pellets, the steel type hold their signal a lot deeper, the target strength dies off dramatically on lead pellets, so it can be used as a form of pellet discrimination as long as the pellets are relatively fresh ones on the surface.  Once they're have time to sink down in soils a bit all bets are off.

Congratulations on the gold.   The little guy is a nice flat bit, should get good target strength on that one.

Damn Phrunt, I wish you would tell that to my 6000,  mine loves down at least to 3 or 4" and the old buckshot sometimes deeper than that.  That being said after a couple thousand Im getting pretty good at hearing their softer peak.  Dont mean Im not digging the pesky little bastards though. 

39 minutes ago, Gold Ryder said:

Damn Phrunt, I wish you would tell that to my 6000,  mine loves down at least to 3 or 4" and the old buckshot sometimes deeper than that.  That being said after a couple thousand Im getting pretty good at hearing their softer peak.  Dont mean Im not digging the pesky little bastards though. 

yep, it comes down to the pellet size and what they're made of, in other words as they vary so much as does gold, it's always a massive gamble.

• Like 3

On 2/17/2024 at 8:18 PM, Gold Catcher said:

The landscape is just breath taking, and makes me forget the busy life that I am usually having. Prospecting to me is much more than just finding gold (or not...). It is like being in a meditative retreat, where I can just enjoy the beauty of nature and disconnect from the day to day routine.

Well said. A great quote. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1