Trying To Make Up For Last Year

Good stuff Ray...I've been following some of juniors exploits on FB... glad to see you getting out some bud...keep posting

strick 

• Like 1

Looks like you never missed a beat. Nice finds for sure.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, deathray said:

Yeah, little specimen piece.

My son is 28, he actually knows more on local gold rush history than me. We used to detect together all the time, but he lives 50 miles away , and is hooked on steelhead fishin too, so its not very often now. 

17 hours ago, deathray said:

Yeah, little specimen piece.

My son is 28, he actually knows more on local gold rush history than me. We used to detect together all the time, but he lives 50 miles away , and is hooked on steelhead fishin too, so its not very often now. 

Fantastic relics and artifacts! I laughed out loud when you mentioned that your son was hooked on the steelfish. I resemble that remark and spent twenty plus years as a professional steelhead bum.i was able to fish all over Northern California and Oregon and Vancouver Island. Even though that pretty much put my detecting on the back burner I took advantage and located numerous Native American Artifacts and sites, antique bottles, and detecting sites.Again excellent finds and thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Nice wreath and tongue! Many pre-date the civil war but post war found many type buckles for sale to miners, rail workers etc. Most are cast brass but a few were stamped brass. I have a cast Eagle tongue but no wreath. Many military forts were in the west, much more than the public realizes. Some really nice finds, congrats! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L David Keith said:

Nice wreath and tongue! Many pre-date the civil war but post war found many type buckles for sale to miners, rail workers etc. Most are cast brass but a few were stamped brass. I have a cast Eagle tongue but no wreath. Many military forts were in the west, much more than the public realizes. Some really nice finds, congrats! 

Hey David

Yes, these all predate the war...gold rush buckles. Many confuse them with military, but they are civilian..1850-1856 or so. Usually my main target.

Btw..are you the same David Keith that owned Dixie Detectors?

You sure have found some nice spots to detect!

Yes, still at it going on 39 years in a few days. I need a solid cast wreath for this one. If you ever come across one that would match this patina, I'd be will to trade or purchase from you. Good hunting! 

Relics Eagle tongue Sunset Park, CA.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, L David Keith said:

Yes, still at it going on 39 years in a few days. I need a solid cast wreath for this one. If you ever come across one that would match this patina, I'd be will to trade or purchase from you. Good hunting! 

Relics Eagle tongue Sunset Park, CA.jpg

I have several. I will get some pics later. Anything cool you want to trade?

4 hours ago, deathray said:

I have several. I will get some pics later. Anything cool you want to trade?

let me know what your interested in trading. I have an assortment of collectables. 

• Like 1