Dead Tenements, Are They Important And Why? For Western Australia

Hi peeps,

I am just watching goldtalk Leonora from Youtubes. In one video he mentioned (from 0:25) that using tengraph is more important than geoview ect as you can see dead tenements. But I didn't get why it is so important to see dead tenements as we can already see where old mines are ect from tengraph and geoviews anyway.

Anyone knows?

Thanks,
Ethan

Every ' dead tenement'  has almost always already gotten a re-application over it before it even expires. But, those tenements will take months to determine who gets it (often more than one mining/exploration company or individual will have applied for it) and in the mean time, it is now 'pending ground' and open to anyone to prospect on it without permission. There will also be documentation at the Mines Dept, outlining the work that the previous owner did. This gives the budding prospector lots of info to point them in the right direction as to where on the tenement the gold actually is. The gold that a mining company is chasing aint necessarily the same gold we're after. 

• Like 6

On 2/26/2024 at 7:45 AM, Aureous said:

Every ' dead tenement'  has almost always already gotten a re-application over it before it even expires. But, those tenements will take months to determine who gets it (often more than one mining/exploration company or individual will have applied for it) and in the mean time, it is now 'pending ground' and open to anyone to prospect on it without permission. There will also be documentation at the Mines Dept, outlining the work that the previous owner did. This gives the budding prospector lots of info to point them in the right direction as to where on the tenement the gold actually is. The gold that a mining company is chasing aint necessarily the same gold we're after. 

Hi Aureous, this is what he replied:

'G'day, point is that most dead tenements don't have mines on them. Both geoview and tengraph will show you the mines(most of them) and thats good when we are looking to 'connect the dots' but looking for privately held dead tenements will tell you where the alluvial gold has been. Please let me know if I have or haven't answered your question....I get myself confused sometimes!!'

• Like 1

I'm not all that familiar with the tenement system. Do these tenements have rights to all minerals or just gold?

In the United State most mining claims are not located for gold. Closed mining claims are more about looking back on other people's dreams and hopes for a non gold mineral deposit. Assuming these closed claims represent potential gold mineralization without other confirmation can lead to wild goose chases. Is it the same with tenements?

1 minute ago, Clay Diggins said:

我对房屋租赁系统不太熟悉。这些矿权地是否拥有所有矿产的权利,还是仅拥有黄金的权利?

在美国,大多数采矿权都不是黄金矿区。关闭采矿权更多的是回顾其他人对非金矿藏的梦想和希望。在没有其他证实的情况下,假设这些已结案的索赔代表了潜在的金矿化,可能会导致徒劳无功。和楼盘一样吗?

maybe to all metals

@Ethan in Adelaide , the point being, if a 'dead tenement' has mines or not, there will be a paper trail outlining the work done previous. Smaller tenements will pinpoint the likelihood of alluvial gold being present ....like someone found a patch and decided to peg it to work with machinery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

@Ethan in Adelaide , the point being, if a 'dead tenement' has mines or not, there will be a paper trail outlining the work done previous. Smaller tenements will pinpoint the likelihood of alluvial gold being present ....like someone found a patch and decided to peg it to work with machinery.

I think for those kind of tenements they are normally worked out aren't they? liek P tenements

• Like 1

Ya never get it all. I can recall such instances where kilos of gold has been recovered later, on the tenement itself or on nearby exploration licenses. Where X marks the spot, the Y's and Z's can still provide results.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aureous said:

Ya never get it all. I can recall such instances where kilos of gold has been recovered later, on the tenement itself or on nearby exploration licenses. Where X marks the spot, the Y's and Z's can still provide results.

I have had just that sort of experience/luck well worth the the time checking them out.  

• Like 1

Just from my own experience, Dead tenements dont really mean much to me at all...simply as the majority of the gold areas will have dead tenements dating back to the old 1890 GML's.....

Old workings in a line, super exciting.....

Dead SPL's, great!

Dead leases in random unexpected places, kinda interesting and worth looking at.

Tony is 100% correct in saying to detect the edges of the contact zones though. The majority of WA gold is close to fractures/faults and contact zones.

• Like 2