I Was Looking Through Some Old Pictures Today...

I was looking through some of my old pictures today and man the memories!

Many years ago I had the occasion to go to Rye Patch for an outing.

Now I had been to Rye Patch a couple of times.  Once I got snowed out on the second day and once I got rained out on the second day.  First time I went was in 1991 in my little Suzuki Samurai.  I loved that little buggy.   I didn't care that I could see the ground passing under me through the rotted-out floorboard. LOL

This time I went North most importantly knowing, I would see some old friends and catch up on non-sense.  Little did I know I would meet a couple of new friends who were about the sweetest folks I have ever met.

So this goofy guy, named Lucky, and his lovely wife Robin sort of took me under their wing.  Lucky invited me to come along with him the next day prospecting and man he put me right in the middle of the gold.  And by the way, if anyone knows how to find gold it is Lucky Lundquist.  Probably no one knows more about Rye Patch than Lucky.  The stay in Rye Patch was one of my most memorable. and not because of the little gold I dug out of the ground, but the big golden friendship that was formed with Lucky and Robin.

They invited me to eat with them, and we shared stories. Lucky can hang with the best of them when it comes to storytelling.  And he is funny as all get out and genuine and just an all-around nice man.  He's the kind of guy you are proud to call a friend.

So Lucky!  This one's for you buddy.

God Bless You and Robin.

Doc
DSCF1244.thumb.JPG.6b6c1ad57760f1552f4d054dce506f1c.JPG

DSCF1246.thumb.JPG.cfc2d3e2ef8f6d27778f15f9fc15fbd5.JPG

DSCF1232.thumb.JPG.ca33574319866fa488be2107788ce121.JPG

DSCF1221.thumb.JPG.709522143331d9f2d0d0f010d2ad22a4.JPG

Doc,

I remember that Outing!  And that spot still gives up the nuggets.  You’ve been a great Friend throughout the many years.  I always have a few secret spots to share the thrill of the hunt!

Rick & Robin

Always enjoy running into Lucky at Rye Patch. Friendly, funny, and informative. Rick look for the bright yellow Ranger come April.

Mike

Enjoyed my meeting with Rick in Rye Patch as Well !!!

I’ve had the pleasure of meeting countless fellow prospectors on my journeys!  It’s always about the Hunt, Friendship & Camaraderie…Oh, and a new Patch that keep the Gold Fever alive.  Back in 1979 in Arizona, I had an old timer give me a Pointy Finger to a spot on Lynx Creek, it put a smile on a 19 year old Green Horns face.  I’m still repaying that Pointy Finger forward…it may not be the best spot, but I’ll guarantee there’s nuggets to find, that will put a smile on your face!

Doc’s Photos above was a great hunt!  I was digging through my photos looking for the Poke Pictures and couldn’t find them, must be in the I-Cloud or lost in the 2 ft of snow in my front yard 😂.  But, I did find a couple photos of important prospecting gear of his a Hat and Gold Poke.

Until the Next Hunt!

Rick

IMG_2406.jpeg

IMG_4649.jpeg