The Dalas™ Project Is Nearing Completion... Clues # 4,5,6,7,8,9 Unveiling On 03/28/24

FIRST CLUE:  This is the assembly kit that comes with the DALAS™ (No you do not have to drill any of your equipment.)

2024-03-1417_31_24.thumb.jpg.5178b905bb0ecc6a44222a8282e316ab.jpg

SECOND CLUE:  Pizza

THIRD CLUE:  Up the creek without a  ____________.

Looked you up on the US Patent website and am guessing “up the creek without a ___ “ has something to do with the “HONESTY TESTING AND SCORING EVALUATOR”?

As far as I know, I don’t need more screws or a drill, but I sure could use one of those “HONESTY TESTING AND SCORING EVALUATOR”’s and a “up the creek without a ___” for my students right about now! 😉

But seriously, you have some great stuff and I’m sure this will follow suit Doc!

Oh and what type of pizza?😁

GotAU,

Yes I developed the Phase II Profile Work Ethics Profile in 1977.  It had patents in the U.S. and in Canada.  I still have over 880 clients that use my profiles around the world.  As you probably know I have a Ph.D. in Criminal Psychology with a minor in Industrial and Organizational Psychology.  I have developed other profiles that are widely used as well.  I have one client who used over 26,000 of my Sales Success Profiles last year.  They have been a client for over 20 years.  In fact my average client has been using my employment tests for 23 years.

You didn't really think I make money selling metal detecting accessories do you?  LOL

I have a nice income from my testing business.  It's all intellectual property with proprietary scoring algorithms based on statistics gathered from literally millions of tests. 

My profiles are very unique because the scoring algorithms are based on Validity and Reliability.  Unlike typical tests where there are right and wrong answers.  My algorithms are based on how valid and how reliable each question is at  predicting whatever behavior you are trying to measure.  So each question is weighted differently.  In fact some answers give you points, and some answers take points away based on how valid and reliable they are.  So one answer may give you 1.83 points, another may deduct 2.17 points.

Validity refers to how valid a question is in predicting what you are trying to measure.  Reliability refers to how consistently that question predicts whatever behavior it is you are trying to measure.  So lets take this question for example.

I have murdered someone in cold blood.  TRUE or FALSE.

If someone answers that question TRUE, it is 100% statistically valid in predicting whether someone is a murderer. (Maybe less if someone is just jerking the test around.)  If they answer FALSE, the validity sucks because killers will lie.  Now as far as Reliability goes, TRUE answers are always reliable, everyone who answers TRUE in all likelihood is a killer, or they are stupid and can't read.  So reliably people who answer TRUE are killers, but reliability refers to if they take the same test a year later, will they still answer TRUE?  In other words reliability refers to how consistently the same person would answer that question over time.

Interesting note:  The Phase II Profile, (Work Ethics General Honesty) is scored on a basis of 200 points.  148 and above is acceptable.  139 to 147 is questionable.  Below 139 unacceptable.  We gave the test to 60 some convicted felons involved in some crime involving theft.  Armed robbery, grand larceny, embezzlement, car theft, etc.  We told them if they could pass with at least a 139 we would add $25 to their commissary account.

We told them to do the best they could but remember there is a "FAKED GOOD" scale which will invalidate the test if the test senses they are lying to make themselves look good.  A FAKED GOOD score of 8 or less on a 10 point scale automatically fails them.

NOT ONE, was able to pass, and the average score was -14.  MINUS 14!

With that income from my test business I am able to develop new and exciting metal detecting accessories.  It's sort of my hobby.  I love inventing things.  I just had no idea so many customers would love the things I invent.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

So, doing patents is a very expensive process.  AND, it's almost senseless.  All someone has to do is change some aspect of what you invented and the $25,000 you spent on your patent is useless.  OR they claim they reverse engineered it.  "Patent Applied" for means nothing.  In order for you to prosecute the patent and answer all of the questions and challenges from the patent office is exhausting and costly.

My tact is to create something very unique and well thought out.  Spare no expense in development and have it manufactured in the tens of thousands, to get the price down so low, there is no incentive for someone to rip me off.  And if they do, it's never as good.  Also I do not use "off the shelf" stuff to try and Jerry Rig some new product.  If it's worth doing it's worth doing right and having it made from scratch to my exact specifications so there is no compromising on quality.

I do think 3D printing has been a great advancement for the inventor because now they can actually create new and innovative customized things and make their ideas come to life.  Look at the support ears for the Equinox Coils.  Great idea that helped many folks prevent the coil ears from breaking or repairing ears that had already broke.

That's why I own over 3 freaking miles of bungee.  Because I wanted it to my exact specifications and 3 miles was the minimum order for customized Bungee with 50% stretch UV Dacron Polyester sheath.

I created the GSpot scoop which has been wildly popular and successful.  $14.95.  Sona, a Chinese company that manufactures very inexpensive gold prospecting equipment, decided to come out with their version, retail $14.  See pictures.  The SONA Scoop is great if you like to fill the riffles up with small rocks and debris and spend your time digging out the crud.  This is what happens when someone who is not a prospector tries to rip off a great idea but does it so poorly, that it increases your sales.

THE TYPE OF PIZZA IS AMAZING!  

While the DALAS™ is AMAZING that is not what the clue PIZZA refers to.

Sorry for the long run on, but this is how my mind works, a million miles a second going in 40 different directions all at once.

Doc

Sona Riffle Scoop.jpg

20200606_162552 - Copy.jpg

If I a ready what the package is wanting to say is, if you screw up your going to be drilled.

Nice scoops by the way, and I need some more moonshine.

19 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

If I a ready what the package is wanting to say is, if you screw up your going to be drilled.

Nice scoops by the way, and I need some more moonshine.

Well it would not be the first time I botched something.  The SAGA Guide Arm was an example.  That was an absolute FUBAR the first go around.  Fortunately I only had about 10 prototypes that I put out for testing and we learned real quick that they were under engineered.  

That led to a vastly superior product that people absolutely love.

Doc

Doc,

I knew you were criminologist, but I didn’t know the rest of that. Wow! Organizational Psychology is a very interesting subject.  For all the larger companies I’ve worked for, the best ones were two that actually used contractors specializing in this to help with employee morale programs and they were pretty good. And as you know, those companies with owners and supervisors who don’t really care end up with very short employee recidivism, and end up with high training costs, lower employee productivity, etc. A close friend of our specializes in it also, and she’s very busy in the bay area with many corporate clients.

You were absolutely spot on with the Gspot scoop. It does speed up sorting out the waste from the heavies, particularly all that time wasting lead!  At least with iron one can take it out quickly with a magnet, but man I hate lead, as do every other prospector out there. The scoop was a great idea.

As for the Dalas project though, I’m sorry that I have to report that I still haven’t any idea how pizza and a paddle have to do with prospecting but I’m sure it will be a good one for the unveiling! 😄

1 hour ago, GotAU? said:

Doc,

I knew you were criminologist, but I didn’t know the rest of that. Wow! Organizational Psychology is a very interesting subject.  For all the larger companies I’ve worked for, the best ones were two that actually used contractors specializing in this to help with employee morale programs and they were pretty good. And as you know, those companies with owners and supervisors who don’t really care end up with very short employee recidivism, and end up with high training costs, lower employee productivity, etc. A close friend of our specializes in it also, and she’s very busy in the bay area with many corporate clients.

You were absolutely spot on with the Gspot scoop. It does speed up sorting out the waste from the heavies, particularly all that time wasting lead!  At least with iron one can take it out quickly with a magnet, but man I hate lead, as do every other prospector out there. The scoop was a great idea.

As for the Dalas project though, I’m sorry that I have to report that I still haven’t any idea how pizza and a paddle have to do with prospecting but I’m sure it will be a good one for the unveiling! 😄

Hopefully this will be a delightful surprise for every detectorist.  I mean just off the top of my head I can see how a Pizza and a paddle would go together.  You have never seen a PIZZA PEEL PADDLE?  But that has nothing to do with the clues.  🤣

You know I'm loving this, RIGHT?

Doc

PizzaPaddle.jpg.9fb480b1f7f9ca7860c91f64f6011772.jpg

Well, I don’t need another expensive lead detector, nor a better goofy looking but very functional sun hat (yeah, I got in on that sale and like it very much- thanks on that one), but I’ll will wait excitedly for the unveiling!

On 3/16/2024 at 11:54 AM, Doc said:

You have never seen a PIZZA PEEL PADDLE

Pizza sounds like a big nf 25” DD coil😳 and a paddle would make it glide smoothly through the surface, so maybe a support system for gliding a big coil without throwing my back out.😢