Patch Hunting In England With Old Detector Yields 2 Oz Nugget

22 hours ago, geof_junk said:

A few years back someone took an Aus. nugget, I think it was 2 or 4 Oz and tried to sell it as an English nugget that he found there.

plus also a big whopper that @Reg Wilson found back in the  90's and an american con-artist  tried to pass it off as a US one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Aureous, I think you worded that rather poorly, as some may get the impression that I tried to pass that nugget off as  American.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Reg,

Most of us know the real story.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Reg Wilson said:

Aureous, I think you worded that rather poorly, as some may get the impression that I tried to pass that nugget off as  American.

Apologies Reg, yes it could be misconstrued by the unwary 😉   I will edit it 👍

• Like 4

This story has all the highlights of a dime novel. Late to the event, broken detector, there only 5 minutes, only 6 inches down..and in an area never known to have any gold deposits

From what I've gathered, the area is know for gold...BUT the gold appears to not be native but instead coming from gravel hauled in from Scotland to create a railway track road bed.

Whether this nugget originated in Scotland or elsewhere remains to be seen. 

The area is not known for gold. Show me any other nugget at all from there. They hypothesize gravels for the railway, but typically that is crushed rock and mine tailings, not river gravel. And lastly, how many 2 ounce nuggets are there from Wales..next to none

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I am not surprised at all,i mentioned in a earlier post i doubt it would reach less than half that amount,you could see that it was being promoted to be something rather special which incidentally in my mind its not.

Anyway it will probably be re-admitted into another auction and we will see it being promoted again,even with the current high price of gold its still not worth the investment into it.

• Thanks 1