SDC Vs 6000 & Geosense

17 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

You don't loose that much sensitivity for shallow targets when you reduce gain, but the loss in depth is much more profound.

GC

That was true even 40+ years ago, don`t get me wrong no way will I swap the 6K/SDC/Axiom/7K etc. for an old Deepseeker/6000D/RB7 etc. Steves Insane Settings are still the go.

On 4/2/2024 at 11:28 AM, jasong said:

I do like having the auto option though, and I believe it will improve in future releases.

On 4/2/2024 at 11:35 AM, phrunt said:

I think it's best to have both.

On 4/2/2024 at 8:17 PM, Gold Catcher said:

You don't loose that much sensitivity for shallow targets when you reduce gain, but the loss in depth is much more profound.

Went out yesterday with my boy and tried to see just how far I could throw out the ground balance and I was surprised on just how well the 6000 does using the auto-sensitivity tied into the auto tracking. I have had hot pockets before where after about three passes on a small bit it did track out. I could not replicate this when trying to make it happen in milder soils though. Really wish we did have a fixed tracking option but IMHO feel the auto-sensitivity/auto tracking is pretty good. I also did a video showing the target responses using several gain settings attached above.