$2300 Gold- Time To Break Out The Vlf's With Little Coils

On 4/5/2024 at 1:59 PM, Fishing8046 said:

This simple two 9-volt battery marvel has likely accounted for more gold than any other detector in its 30 years

I think if you suggest HF VLF detectors only, you could be right. The Garrett Groundhog range is multiple units and not just one single model but that together could rival the GB2's record. The overall winner would have to be the Minelab GPX4500, the highest selling PI detector ever built. The amount of gold found with that detector in Africa alone is simply staggering. Says something, that one single detector can be manufactured for over 30 years and has found multi-millions of pieces worldwide without being altered in any meaningful way and still being offered for sale as a successful option. Fisher deserves to be resurrected based on this alone

$2000 gold inflation adjusted from 2020 is about $2400 today. Gold so far has basically inflation adjusted itself. In USD anyways. 

$3000 gold and I bet we see the inklings of another gold rush in places around the world where the geopolitics allow for it. 

Right now I'm not seeing a big rush to gold exploration again here with the Jr miners/exploration companies yet. But there is some activity. They seem to have interest in diversifying to copper/gold deposits though. But I'm hearing some whispers of interest whereas it was kinda dead for a few years.

Uranium is the new lithium. Lots of renewed activity.