Platinum And Gold In The Pan!

april4d.JPG.f8cc633f64fe0cf30a5a9a556ef54c32.JPG

If I was still using my gas pump for highbanking,, I would not be getting out very often. Going light with equipment and not using a gas pump anymore, has really opened up a lot of territory, which previously was just too much to hull around long distances, especially at this time of year. Even a boat is of no use right now.

Anyhow, I tried a new spot in Alberta and was surprised to find a lot of platinum. I don't really like finding it, as it slows me down back-panning for my final cleanup. Anyhow, here is a what took place today. The gold is a total of 5 hours with of digging, total from yesterday and today. More snow for the forecast tomorrow. :sad:

april4c.JPG.964d76025d203e3054455537fc97dbb6.JPG

Here are the grey bits of platinum.

april4.JPG.6e45a309f0a82564118c3e23f4de77e1.JPG

Platinum is easy to distinguish from other particulates in the pan.

april4a.JPG.867e7811514515c93481a8f71eadea32.JPG

And, the "shiny."

Looks like all that hard work is paying off for you, I never thought of finding platinum i a pan like that, but never really knew what it would look like in the pan or sluice.

Nice looking gold for the day and I wish you better luck on your next outing.

Stay safe and don't over do yourself.

John  

You may not got a promotion but due to the price of gold your hourly wage has gone up.and platinum is not bad at about 940.00 .

You may not want to fool with that cheap stuff like platinum so I’ll email you my address and to show you what a great guy I am I’ll pay shipping..haha

You be safe out there going it alone. Having you coming on here with your show and tell is like being there.

I thank you for your time doing so .

Chuck  

On 4/7/2024 at 8:34 AM, Ridge Runner said:

John  

You may not got a promotion but due to the price of gold your hourly wage has gone up.and platinum is not bad at about 940.00 .

You may not want to fool with that cheap stuff like platinum so I’ll email you my address and to show you what a great guy I am I’ll pay shipping..haha

You be safe out there going it alone. Having you coming on here with your show and tell is like being there.

I thank you for your time doing so .

Chuck  

Too late. I threw that platinum in the garbage. It's ugly, so little of it too. Damned if I am going to spend hours with a set of tweezers picking out $00.50 worth.  For safety, I always carry my cell phone and about 50 feet of rope for those challenging steep trails. I spent the last 15 years working with folks with hip, shoulder and knee replacements. I do my best not to become a patient on my unit. And, I most certainly  don;t want to see me butt naked either. 🤣

On 4/6/2024 at 1:15 AM, Valens Legacy said:

Looks like all that hard work is paying off for you, I never thought of finding platinum i a pan like that, but never really knew what it would look like in the pan or sluice.

Nice looking gold for the day and I wish you better luck on your next outing.

Stay safe and don't over do yourself.

There is a tiny bit of platinum that shows up occasionally. Not enough to really go after it. Thanks for your kind words.