Vortex Testers On The Forum

55 minutes ago, cudamark said:

Yup, something at least as good as a Legend, D2, and Manticore, (and priced right) or, they're just wasting their time and advertising budget. We don't need more mid-range machines. People who are current detectorists are upgrading from those. Newbies or those who just lost their ring in the back yard are buying the cheap-end machines.

I say if it ain’t no better than what you said then why bother. It’s like gold machines we’ve got all we need of them now.

Chuck 

I just want this detector be greater than anything out there now. I just don’t want to have to put it down and pick up another . As far as relic hunting goes it’s been battles all over Texas even civil war battles. I must admit as far as relic hunting goes I’m not much in it being that’s a relic looking for a relic.

If it’s better than what we have now I’ll spend my last dime buying it because it’s American made.

Chuck 

• Like 2

American made trademark was thing of the 60, 70,80s . Big question is why military tech has not made its way into us Metal detector market and answer is simple no money in that .

• Like 1

Garrett needs to produce a machine that people want to use in lieu of everything else that's available. I personally don't want to hear about another low or mid priced metal detector. The market is flooded with them already. So many have been released in the past 2 years I don't even pay attention to them anymore. If Garrett wants to remain a viable competitor, mediocre won't do at this point. It's got to have something that sets it apart from the competition.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nokta released the Legend, it's about as close to an Equinox as you can get without being an Equinox, now the 900's out they're even more similar as Nokta went a few steps ahead in some areas of the 800 so Minelab fought back a bit releasing a closer to the Legend 900 🙂  The extra ID's, the carbon *cough cough* shaft, the better waterproofing... All Legend traits.

The Legends probably the best selling detector on the market right now, why? It's not the best, it can't keep up with a Manticore or Deus 2, ,but it's priced right, great value for what you get.

Garrett either have to have their own version of a Deus 2 or Manticore which we would all love and want to buy, or if they're in Equinox territory they need to price it right, as in Legend pricing would be ideal for peak sales.

If they do that, they'll be successful, two cars, exact same performance, different manufacturers, why pick one over the other? Brand preference.  Garrett has a really strong customer base that like Garrett because they're Garrett, made in the US of A! 

That should be enough to make it a hit detector for them, not for everybody but for them and their customer base it will do well, and keep them in the game.  Just don't be greedy Garrett, keep that price reflecting performance based upon competitors pricing, especially Nokta.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Just don't be greedy Garrett, keep that price reflecting performance based upon competitors pricing, especially Nokta.

Garrett will have to drop the price of the Ace Apex ($499 US with wireless headphones) in order to have a competitive Vortex price structure compared to Nokta's Score and Legend series.

• Like 4

It’s some great buys on this forum right now but you don’t see anything moving at this time,

It won’t be until we hear what we think are want to hear on Garrett’s new detector Vortex. 
 If the Vortex has got a glitch in any way you won’t be fast enough to put your name in the pot for one of the great buys that’s on here right now.

Chuck 

17 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Garrett will have to drop the price of the Ace Apex ($499 US with wireless headphones) in order to have a competitive Vortex price structure compared to Nokta's Score and Legend series.

My bet is this comes in above Apex pricing and Apex price does not change. Could be anything from $599 to $999, be a bad move to go over $1000. It all depends on what is really being offered so who knows. Once the info is out, if people want a Nokta instead, oh well. I'm rooting for Garrett but to be honest as long as the competition is as fierce as it is now in VLF somebody is going to build great detectors I want, good times as far as I am concerned. Hopefully a similar dynamic catches hold in PI land very soon also.

• Like 3

For me Garrett cannot compete with Nokta on the current VLF detector market simply because the production costs are much lower in Turquey than in the US .  Especially with the current Turquish inflation . Impossible to beat a SMF SCORE2 at 370$  , or a SCORE at 300$ ..

Of course if Garrett proposes a breakthrough with a more performing technology , then the situation will be different ...

The answer in 2 days ... 🙂

• Like 1