I got a digging buddy I think is faking finds from time to time. I have no idea why he would do this. He is a good detectorist in my opinion. The reason I think this is because he post almost all the stuff he finds on Facebook. I mean the run of the mill silver and stuff. He has found 4 really hard to find coins and he didn't post any of them. 2 he found detecting with me. The other 2 he just sent dig photos by text. The last one took the cake, a large cent and not 20 ft. from the truck. That is a really hard coin to find where we live. The place we found it is old enough, but after his initial going on about it was sitting in the console he didn't pick it up or even mention it again the whole day. He didn't post it to Facebook. He is what I would call highly competitive too. Another thing that is a red flag to me is the finds in question are coins none of have found and I am always talking about the day I finally find one. Anyway I don't know how to deal with it. I have known him many years now. We have had some good times and finds together. He has actually put me on a lot of silver from permissions he has gotten, but it's such a turn off I don't think I want to dig with him anymore. Has anyone on here dealt with this type of thing before?

People are odd critters & you can't change them. You just have to take them as they are.

JCR is right In you take them as they are are leave them where you found them. I’ve hunted with some odd balls and they may be thinking the same thing about me.

If someone is putting me on some good hunting ground I have the power to forgive a lot and forgive even more if it really a great spot.

Chuck 

Have you talked to him about this? If not, why not? If it has affected the relationship to the point of ghosting him, he should know. 

WARNING! --This is the opinion of the guy who typed it and may not reflect reality or good advice in any way. The typist may have been high, drunk, medicated, or asleep as he typed.

4 hours ago, MD4V.org said:

WARNING! --This is the opinion of the guy who typed it and may not reflect reality or good advice in any way. The typist may have been high, drunk, medicated, or asleep as he typed.

Thanks for reminding me that my moonshine should be cold enough as it has been in the deep freeze for a few hours. I'm not joking about this and should really stop typing now to go and get it.