I Feel Like I Got Screwed. What Say You?

Well, I took the plunge and took advantage of this offer to get a Manticore and an Xterra Pro. They arrive tomorrow. I do feel for those who bought one right before the sale. That’s a lot of money, to me anyway. I look forward to telling you how I get on with both machines. 

• Like 5

I would not have made the purchase if it was not for the sale. I have been sitting on the sidelines lurking and looking forward to the day that life would slow down so I had more time for hobbies. Life has not slowed down yet, but at 59 I am pumping the brakes this year and hopefully coasting into retirement.  🙂

I have been a supporter of my favorite brands, bought products on release, been a unknowingly beta tester that l didn’t sign up for and understand how folks feel about this fire sale.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scanman said:

Life has not slowed down yet, but at 59 I am pumping the brakes this year and hopefully coasting into retirement.  🙂

That's what I did 7 years ago! You will love the machine, great decision. Wish it was around when I started to pump the brakes. 👍

• Like 1

To buy or not to buy? There is just one more day left to take the plunge.

For me being 73 yet still going strong it boils down to do I really need another detector?

My 800 with all coils and bells and whistles has been idling in the corner since the Deus 2 arrived.

And now with the impending storm on the horizon it makes the dropping the hammer decision on the Manticore even harder....

• Like 1

Been a long day for me too but i just don't get out enough to justify buying another long learning curve unit, the wife is doing fine at that😉   Mushroom hunting in a rough woods this morning followed by a little trout fishing and cut the grass when i thought about "buy it now", busies day I've had in a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/29/2024 at 4:16 AM, TampaBayBrad said:

Man!.......All this negative talk about Minelab starts because they ran a sale on Manticore. I'm sure there are a lot of folks that appreciate the sale and bought one.

Yeah, I just bought one. It hasn't even made it here yet. NOw I am thinking maybe I should of stuck with my old V3i and sent it away to get a tune up.

• Like 1

I received my Manticore way back in mid December 2022 . Yes I paid top dollar , and I paid it in full many months before they became available . Do I feel ripped off by the current sale ?  No way . If you are an early adopter then it's almost certain the price will drop at some time later on . Would it have been worth waiting nearly one and a half years for a cheaper one ?  Nope ! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hunterjunk said:

I received my Manticore way back in mid December 2022 . Yes I paid top dollar , and I paid it in full many months before they became available . Do I feel ripped off by the current sale ?  No way . If you are an early adopter then it's almost certain the price will drop at some time later on . Would it have been worth waiting nearly one and a half years for a cheaper one ?  Nope ! 

As a 25 year Whites dealer I don't remember one price drop.  I don't even remember one sale they offered.  For around 14 years or so the etrac was always $1500.  Price drops are rare.  Sales however come and go.  Running a $500 sale on a Manticore is a slap in the face to me.  I can afford the $500 but that's not the point I'm trying to make.