Nokta Naming Contest End’s Today

According to what Nokta said their naming contest for their new two PI detectors will end the last day of April and it’s here.

Being the naming contest time was short just maybe it will be equally short time the two PI detectors will hit the market.

What we’ve seen before Nokta will under sell as they have in the past and I believe it will be the same with their gold and relic PI detectors.

I’m expecting a call from Nokta tomorrow letting me know on the naming contest that Chuck you didn’t win .haha  

It would be great that someone on the forum here would win .

Chuck 

I still believe we have a tester of the new Nokta gold PI detector are among us here on this forum. The PI relic detector tester he’s someone on the East Coast.

Where is the best place in the USA to nugget hunt and that’s in the western states of the USA. Where will you find the largest number of nugget hunters and that’s on this forum.

Time will let this cat out in the open maybe soon.

Chuck 

7 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I still believe we have a tester of the new Nokta gold PI detector are among us here on this forum. The PI relic detector tester he’s someone on the East Coast.

Where is the best place in the USA to nugget hunt and that’s in the western states of the USA. Where will you find the largest number of nugget hunters and that’s on this forum.

Time will let this cat out in the open maybe soon.

Chuck 

It would be great to test the new Relic PI in Culpeper Virginia. I was involved in the testing and developement of The Whites TDI. I also Tested for Nokta's Gold Kruzer which I still have. Culpeper has some of the worst minerals on planet earth. I dont make videos anymore so It won't be me.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, George Kinsey said:

It would be great to test the new Relic PI in Culpeper Virginia. I was involved in the testing and developement of The Whites TDI. I also Tested for Nokta's Gold Kruzer which I still have. Culpeper has some of the worst minerals on planet earth. I dont make videos anymore so It won't be me.

Well George with your background of what you said you tested in the past I’m surprised Nokta didn’t contact you again.

The Best To You!

Chuck 

• Like 1

I think you have to be a social media personality with a lot of followers to be a tester these days 🙂

I hope the release of their PI's is not far off and we don't have a couple of year wait between the naming content and the release like with the Legend.  Even then it felt like the Legend came out the doors early because of the XP surprise release so it may have taken even longer if not for that.

They need to get it out quick while one competitor is being sold in Australia only and never has stock available, they can't keep up with demand at all and never once have they had a time since release you could just buy one off the shelf.   Unless they fix this, they're not a threat to anything as people waiting can easily just buy something else if it were to come out in the meantime.

Garretts been dropping pricing and becoming even more competitive too and they may have to take that further when the Nokta PI's come out.

Really excited for the PI's release, it's going to shake the market up and we will see more and more discountinng.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I think you have to be a social media personality with a lot of followers to be a tester these days 🙂

I hope the release of their PI's is not far off and we don't have a couple of year wait between the naming content and the release like with the Legend.  Even then it felt like the Legend came out the doors early because of the XP surprise release so it may have taken even longer if not for that.

They need to get it out quick while one competitor is being sold in Australia only and never has stock available, they can't keep up with demand at all and never once have they had a time since release you could just buy one off the shelf.   Unless they fix this, they're not a threat to anything as people waiting can easily just buy something else if it were to come out in the meantime.

Garretts been dropping pricing and becoming even more competitive too and they may have to take that further when the Nokta PI's come out.

Really excited for the PI's release, it's going to shake the market up and we will see more and more discountinng.

Phrunt you may not be in the USA but you’re just like family so you got my vote for a tester if they ask me.

Chuck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Phrunt you may not be in the USA but you’re just like family so you got my vote for a tester if they ask me.

Chuck 

Thanks Chuck, but I wouldn't take on being a tester for anything, well under qualified, the way I see it is if I was buying a detector would I want to have me testing it? I'd say no.   Testing products should require a lot of knowledge about the electronics and detectors in general, something I don't have.  I also think it would require thousands of hours of in field and off field reporting, detailed documents of findings, something I'd not be willing to do for a free detector, the free part doesn't appeal to me that much. 🙂

I also wouldn't make a good "marketing" type tester, I'm not pretty enough 🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I think you have to be a social media personality with a lot of followers to be a tester these days

Testing is supposed to be about actual testing....to prove that the design is capable in all ground types and detecting styles....leave the promotion to others. Sad that so many offerings have succumbed to 'lollipop' social media and glossy video promos instead of silent, closed door professional testing. Minelab do both, but only after the testing has been completed. Algoforce don't need it either. I suppose we will hear soon re the name...gonna be interesting!

• Like 1

Testing products should require a lot of knowledge about the electronics and detectors in general, something I don't have. 

Well you could've fooled me. You seem extremely knowledgeable of Detectors and how they work.

• Like 2

Thanks Chuck, but I wouldn't take on being a tester for anything, well under qualified, the way I see it is if I was buying a detector would I want to have me testing it? I'd say no.   Testing products should require a lot of knowledge about the electronics and detectors in general, something I don't have.  I also think it would require thousands of hours of in field and off field reporting, detailed documents of findings, something I'd not be willing to do for a free detector, the free part doesn't appeal to me that much. 🙂

I also wouldn't make a good "marketing" type tester, I'm not pretty enough 🙂

i blame the haircut o wait.................................................i m bald :")

RR