Danger Danger - Very Important Read If You Are Married

My wife said I can swing it longer and heavier than her so have to do the floors so she can get a bit of time in getting her gold.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Digalicious said:

BTW- Be sure to tell your wife that it's not Mr. Metal Detector. It's Mr. Metal Detectorist 🙂

So what should I be called now?  "Mr. Mopperist?" 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I believe Nugget Finder makes an aftermarket coil for that dust mop that is specifically for fine dust. You'll have to ask your wife how to adjust your sensitivity settings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We live up high on a hillside in a canyon town in So. Cal. My wife has cultivated unbelievable gardens; we live in beauty. I got to terrace the hillsides on our property when I was younger, but that had to stop - yup back problems. But now, years later, I still go out and detect with my 7000, I've strengthened my back and know what not to do.
But I always wear a back brace when I sweep, rake or mop. 

Eight years ago, my wife came with me for two nights camping up in the Mother Lode in breathtakingly beautiful country. As we were leaving I heard her say to herself "okay I've done that."
Now, I often say her idea of being in the great outdoors is cracking the window open in our hotel room.

Funny thread Doc.

• Like 3

Nothing in the detectors manual about that !! I've always said, detector companies should have a final chapter or additions to trouble shooting charts  😆

• Like 1

Looking forward to the detailed field testing report ... And a comparison test with other brands  ...  🙂

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Danger Danger - Very Important Read If You Are Married
2 hours ago, klunker said:

I believe Nugget Finder makes an aftermarket coil for that dust mop that is specifically for fine dust. You'll have to ask your wife how to adjust your sensitivity settings.

Is it a mono or DD.  Better yet I need an ANTI-INTERFERENCE because it's bad enough that she made me mop she had to keep telling me how to do it, and that I was doing it all wrong.  Apparently, you have to put the mop in the bucket and get it wet before you start swinging it on the floor.  "Who knew?"

Doc

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, HardPack said:

Give the “Qweegle” a try, it”ll save your back. Any finds?😁

My wife is such an amazing woman.  Before we got married she told me.  I will work and help put you through college because I have no desire to go to college.  Then I want to be a stay at home mom and be a professional house-wife.

Well she has fulfilled that promise and then some.  I live in an immaculate home.  She is a mind boggling cook and a baker, and she loves going around the yard tending to the plants.  Then she gets a bag and one of those grabber tools and walks the neighborhood picking up whatever debris has blown in.  She is a bit on the OCD side when it comes to cleanliness.

She actually loves the outdoors.  She was from a small farming community called Morton Illinois.  I always say I married a "farm girl."  She says I did not live on a farm!  I say, OK, then tell me what you did for a job for three summers when you were a teenager.  (She worked detasseling corn!)  I tell her only a farm girl would detassel corn

We have three children and she gave birth to all of them naturally.  Absolutely no drugs, she just did Lamaz.  She is loving and family means everything to her.  But she is tough as nails.  Especially when you consider our second son weighed 9 lbs 13 ounces.  The doctor was begging her to let him give her an epidural.  She said no way, and if you say it again I will fire you.  I said to the nurse, "She can't fire her OB right in the middle of giving birth can she?"  The nurse said, "I have a feeling that your wife could do just about anything she puts her mind to."

Doc

• Like 4