Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Minelab Gold Monster 1000 Begins Delivery

22 hours ago, DSMITH said:

I decided to purchase a detector more dedicated to detecting gold

That knocks out the Gold Racer in my opinion. You already have a great general purpose detector in the X-Terra. I guess if you can't wait another week or two for the GM1000 then there is the GMT or Gold Bug 2.

Ironically it is precisely because I have used all the units in question that I refuse to get nailed down into picking a "best" detector for other people in the 40 - 80 kHz range. It is an exercise in hair splitting which is why all the models have solid fan clubs. Right now I have the Gold Racer/AU Gold Finder, GM1000, and Gold Bug 2 and have owned several GMT and Goldmaster models. It's like picking the best car to use to drive to the supermarket - they all get me there. It is the other features that differentiate them, like the Gold Racer having a VDI display, or the GM1000 being almost totally automatic.

I figure my job is to point out forks in the road but when it comes to choosing one, it's a personal decision.

I need to bench test the GM1000 and Gold Bug 2 with small coils on some specimen gold I have. They are amazingly close in performance given the frequency difference. The Gold Bug 2 has a highly modulated audio and the GM1000 a highly boosted audio, a chief difference between them. The Gold Bug 2 has the edge for those good at hearing very faint signals but the boosted GM1000 at high gain gives the perception of stronger signals. If you have less tuned hearing that perception could be reality in favor of the GM1000.

• Like 3

I hope them prices are in pesos and not US $ because if there in US $ I AM GOING TO ADVERTISE MY X TERRA 705 over there for half the price they are asking LOL

Hey Principedeleon,

I would hold off until early next week, most major Minelab dealers will have them in stock.  Just a FYI, that company is not allowed to ship into the US market, nor are we allowed to ship into the South American market.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Rob just posted at this here:

"Just a FYI, the Minelab Gold Monster 1000's have finally shipped.  They should arrive here at our location early to mid next week.  All orders paid in full will ship first, then all pre-orders.  There are rumors that dealers didn't get all the unit they ordered on this first go around. "

Tonight I got a call from Rob and he got the Monsters in and will be shipping them out. He said one has my name on it and should be going out in the morning.

Like I said on Rob's forum   Things Come to He who wait. The trouble now the wait for it to get to me.

Oh well.

Chuck 

• Like 1