Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Park 1 Or Park 2 For High Conductors??

I haven't been able to hunt with my Nox 800 much in the last 8 weeks and only hunted with it a few times when I first got it. So I'm sitting on the sidelines until we get the house ready to sell. What is the consensus on high conductors, Park 1 or 2? Since many out there are getting in the field much more than I, what's your experience on deep silver and copper?  If this has been answered before, a link to the thread would be appreciated, thanks..

The super short story is Park 2 “sees” smaller stuff better than Park 1. That includes coins on edge, which detectors generally perceive as a small item. My personal belief is that Park 2 is the higher performance option but also the noisier option. I therefore tend to use Park 1 myself. Others prefer Park 2. I think the case can be made for either but like all things detecting it just depends on the person and the location.

• Like 6

I use park 2 because I have very trashy parks and it seems to unmask the coins better. All things are a trade-off.....park 2 is a bit more challenging to use in trashy conditions. I see a lot more one-way signals and complicated signals but they usually wind up being something good. Suprising how many coin spills I have found with this detector- it separates better so I get diggableTIDs where I believe other detectors that have gone over the same spill just averaged everything into a TID that would indicate junk.

• Like 2

Flbchbm, very interesting point. "... I get diggableTIDs where I believe other detectors that have gone over the same spill just averaged everything into a TID that would indicate junk..."