Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

10 hours ago, Mop said:

I am happy to catch up tomorrow morning if you want to go for a swing in the morning?

That would be good Mop.  Nice to put a face to a name. 

Im camping tonight on a spot that I wanted to check out. Turns out there was quite a bit of surfacing done here back in the day. 

Meeting Mitchel west of the Maryborough airport tomorrow if you want to meet us there. 

Or if you have a secret spot you wish to let us know about  ?

• Like 1

I will see how I go, will be heading out around 8.30 - 9am. I will head west of the airport & see if I run into anyone.

• Like 1

I'm going to try and be around where Adam is around daylight.  The weather is closing in based upon the report I just saw.

9 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Good luck in that area......?...... I got quite a few nugget near the airport in the bush as well as in the Alma district back in the VLF days.

One of the few times on this trip that someone has put a found nugget to a place!  haha  We'll see if any are left in the cold, clear air and wet ground.

• Like 1

Time to look for a nugget.

• Like 1

Met up with Mitchel, Northeast & another forum member (sorry, didn't get your profile name not to mention I am terrible with names anyway) and we went out to a spot I have done okay in the past. The area was a mix of surfacing, some reef workings and slopes down into gully's so a mix of very shallow to deeper ground.

I could only stay for a few hours but found one in the area, down about a foot, so gold is still there, hopefully the others got onto some nuggets & will post them up.

1.64 gm.jpg

• Like 9

Mop,

It was nice meeting you. Thanks for taking us to your spot! We could have cleaned it out but you are the man.

The three of us tried but no joy today.  I thought I had one and you thought I had one but after giving it a scrape and getting into the quartz it was out.   #%&@^ bb again

I'll go back and give it another shot.  I think there is still gold there too and it is a 'distance' from town.

Mitchel

• Like 2