New Nokta Dealer in the USA!

I was one of the initial squeaking hinges concerning the issues of a sole source dealer.  It appears that I wasn't too far off in thinking that more dealers are better for prospectors.  The FORS Gold pro price has dropped by about $500 from Kellyco's initial price.

Bob

The price reduction had nothing to do with Kellyco acting as a distributor. AZO gets their detectors from Kellyco. Additionally, Nokta always set the MSRP, not Kellyco.

When Nokta and Makro combined, the new Racer was in the works and was slated for a much lower price. The company decided it was necessary to lower the price of the FORS units to be more in line with the Racer. The price change was announced here almost a month ago http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/660-important-announcement-nokta-fors-price-change/

The price reduction also lead to rumors the FORS were being discontinued, which is not true http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,76499,76588#msg-76588

Steve,

Thanks for the clarification.  I think you can understand me blowing off a little bit of steam, having spent about $1250 for mine.   Water under the bridge now though.

Bob

I paid the same. Fun machine. Wish I would have been more patient though. Got mine direct from Turkey soon as they were available. Detectors can be quite an expensive addiction.

Hey Bob, did you try for the coupon they offered at the time? Squeaky wheel thing can get results. Honestly, still worth a try - Dilek does not want anybody being really unhappy. That was a huge price reduction so I do really sympathize with you on it.