Are The Minelab Manticore Users Just Beta Testers?

Supposedly the last known Wonka Bar in the world is open for bidding online today.  It could possibly contain the Minelab Manticore Expedited Delivery Golden Ticket inside.  I think it’s a better chance then waiting for Minelab to get them to the dealers.  Good luck to everyone!

12 hours ago, UT Dave said:

My wife spends about $300 a month at the hair salon, the nail salon, the eyelash salon.  I figure I'll keep buying myself new toys as I see fit until her hair falls out.

- Dave

Yes, I know that very well... so I switch to a second wife and now everything seems to be ok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

The reason they'll only do minimal updates I believe is because the product is as close to a final product as you can get, it wasn't rushed to release because the competitors released their new models. 

There's at least one beta/almost ready new software version out in the wild being tested as has been seen on a few YT videos (ferrous ID numbers all in red rather than underlined, red crosshair on 2D screen showing the most recent object traced etc), and I know NASA Tom mentioned he's running a version 5? or so version numbers ahead of the launch software.  

I'm sure there will be a few releases as and when they take feedback on board from the userbase 👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DSMITH said:

well I figure this was directed at me, so I apologize if what I stated upset you, even though the Legend was brought up previously in this thread by others, I will not do it again, and just to let you know I am vary interested in what people have to say about the Manticore since I have an order in for one but oh well and no I am absolutely not a fan boy of any one manufacture.

Not upset at all - see the smiley face in the post. :smile: I apologize if I gave that impression. It was just friendly banter and an attempt at a general reminder to everyone that there are some brand and even model specific forums here.

• Like 1

I'm sure the various detecting forums & social media platforms are the main form of advertising the manufacturers depend on in todays digital marketplace. Word of mouth will always be the best sales technique, even if it is mostly virtual nowadays.

• Like 3

Redneck & JCR nailed it!!  Yep saves them a pile of cash having everyone do free testing and advertising for them.   It’s actually quit clever.  Giving out free machines for advertising is way cheaper than paying $$$.  It’s what ruined the outdoor industry i dealt with in my opinion.  

• Like 1