Hunting High Conductors In Tough Dirt...don't Be Hesitant To Try All-terrain Low Conductors Mode...

steveg

6 hours ago, Hunterjunk said:

Yep crazy bad , and I have several other spots the same. At one using , using the Nox , I was just able to detect a powder flask on the surface under short grass , and I mean just ! There must be so many finds that are masked . Quieting the ground with another mode like LC may work on some ground , but also may come with a significant loss of depth .  It's worth testing some known targets when things get tricky .

You may have already addressed this so my apologies if that's the case.  Your sidebar says you have a Minelab 2100.  Is that a PI?  If so, have you tried it on this very highly magnetized beach?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JCR said:

It would be nice if you could try the Tarsacci MDT 8000 on that site.  

It will be better:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

You may have already addressed this so my apologies if that's the case.  Your sidebar says you have a Minelab 2100.  Is that a PI?  If so, have you tried it on this very highly magnetized beach?

Not a beach GB . It's a paddock that was once part of a gold mining town .  Sold the SD2100 a while back , I think it would have been very noisy with all the iron left from huts and mining operations over a 30 year period .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 9:49 AM, steveg said:

PUHH --

Very interesting.  I wish I knew more of what I was looking at, with those graphs/that equipment, and I wish someone could translate the Russian to English!

Steve I'm out using my Manticore for the first time and referred back to this forum to check settings as I was less than impressed with the Manticore my first hunt for a few hours yesterday.  I was using ATHC, and although I did try ATG a bit, I think I was mainly in ATHC.  It was pretty noisy (ran it @ 28 sensitivity), and although I managed to pull a few conductors out, I was definitely digging more false positives then usual, and the noise reminded me of my F75. I'll try ATLC today.

Also you can watch that video in English, or at least w/English subtitles.  From the youtube video select CC/closed caption, then go to settings > Subtitles/CC > Auto-translate Russian:English 

I guess we know where the MultiIQPLUS moniker comes from now.     It IS doing more than the Equinox, we just need to figure out how to harness it's strengths, and how this added frequency adds to the MultiIQ+ equation and what it means for Manticore users. 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2023 at 1:23 PM, steveg said:

With that said, I'm just hoping that Minelab tweaks things a bit, in an "update," that tames the falsing somewhat in ATHC, because that's the mode I'd prefer to be using, as a deep coin hunter, if at all possible...

Steve

Steve I have it on good authority that there's already a field patch being tested by the beta testers that should be released in the near term.  As for what it does, that I don't know exactly, but the grapevine says it'll add new features and bug fixes.  We shall see...

• Like 2

On 3/8/2023 at 12:04 PM, Yatahaze323 said:

Good comparison between those detectors, wish we could have seen the target trace on the manticore. 

I was thinking the same thing, especially when they were discussing it and the red line.  Still it was a very educational video.  

On 3/17/2023 at 12:33 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

Steve I have it on good authority that there's already a field patch being tested by the beta testers that should be released in the near term.  As for what it does, that I don't know exactly, but the grapevine says it'll add new features and bug fixes.  We shall see...

I'm glad to hear this.  I've heard some rumblings that suggest there may be an update planned...

Steve