Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

More Vanquish Info

38 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm buying one for the wife (for me :laugh:) for sure.  Multi IQ on it just makes no other option viable unfortunately.  It's a shame in a way as I really wanted to try a Simplex.  I did promise myself I wouldn't buy another single frequency VLF then I bought a second T2.  That was however one I got really cheap as it was faulty, I suspected it was the coil so I told the seller to send it without the coil to save on postage and I don't like the stock coil anyway but it was the internal pots had been messed with to try get better performance out of it.  The seller didn't admit to that until I worked it out, I was able to get them back to a decent position though, seems to work well now... may not be as good as a factory adjustment but I'll never know ?  This Vanquish seems like it would suit my needs well, a wife machine that I would also enjoy using. 

Shipping before the end of the year though, could be some time away yet.

Hope it also has single frequency, too (most likely).  Still a lot of questions (e.g., what are the actual dimensions of those elliptical coils, are the Vanquish multi IQ search profiles subsets of the Equinox profiles, price, accessory cross compatibility), can't wait for that website link to go live.

21 minutes ago, orgone500 said:

Also a nice comparison chart on Minelab's site here.    https://www.minelab.com/vanquish-series   

The million dollar question is will the Vanquish coils work on the Equinox... 8" x 5" Double-D anyone....

Not making it waterproof seems a bit odd (coil only).

Wouldn't mind any of those coils on my Equinox, frankly.

LOL - someone forgot to post model numbers on the comparison chart.  But obvious to figure out.  Starting a new thread...for discussion and speculation now.

I have been unable to find the frequency on these detectors, anyone know, please post...

Also the 540 advertises " a customizable frequency range setting" would be interested in how that works...

Dave

1 hour ago, DolanDave said:

I have been unable to find the frequency on these detectors, anyone know, please post...

Also the 540 advertises " a customizable frequency range setting" would be interested in how that works...

Dave

The Vanquish uses Multi IQ which is a proprietary multi frequency scheme used by Minelab on the Equinox and Vanquish detectors.  The Multi IQ frequency profile is not specified and varies depending on the mode selected.  Similar to Equinox, I expect the Vanquish Relic and Jewelry modes would tend to favor higher frequencies for mid-conductive (i.e., brass, lead, gold, nickel) and small profile relic and jewelry targets, whereas the Coin and Beach modes tend to favor lower frequencies for high conductive silver, copper, and clad targets. 

HTH.

btw - can't find where ML advertises that the 540 provides "a customizable frequency range setting" in the official specs.  Looks like something Kellyco threw in their description but it really doesn't make sense in the context of Multi IQ as I explained above.

• Like 1

Garrett’s ACE and Notka Simplex have stiff competition. Simplex is waterproof, that’s a plus.

No indication of the frequencies?

It’s not a gold detector so all the frequencies should be in the lower end and not be any need for higher frequency. If we had our way and was able to pick the frequency that would up the cost of the Vanquish. 

The only thing I know is it’s still red and with a 8 sided face . It’s like mine if I hang around long enough you start liking it . I believe the Vanquish will be the same with you .

The Vanquish may just fill the bill for us old guys that don’t like putting a strain on the brain. Keep it simple!

Chuck