Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Vanquish - Now We Know!

We already know the coil prices  for  Minelab Vanquish..

The small V8 coil is approximately  -104 euros..
The midle V10 coil is approximately -127 euros..
A large V12 coil for about -139 euros ..

On 1/16/2020 at 3:00 PM, EL NINO77 said:

We already know the coil prices  for  Minelab Vanquish..

The small V8 coil is approximately  -104 euros..
The midle V10 coil is approximately -127 euros..
A large V12 coil for about -139 euros ..

Thx for the info El Nino . Actually I have ordered a vanquish 540 plus a V10coil because this medium sized coil is  NOT available for the Nox. On the Nox you have a very small 6 coil and a 11 big coil , and nothing between them , I do not speak about the bigger 15 one which is unusable for what i am doing , coin shooting in often iron trashed soils .  It is strange that ML does not propose an equivalentof the  V10 coil for the NOX , considering that  this intermediate size is a standard for all the other detector manufacturers , look at XP for example ... 

After making some errors yesterday about what I believed were the Vanquish operating freqs, I have some proper facts today:

Those Russians over on the MD-Arena website have been poking about on a Vanquish, and have posted a frequency spectrum of it's output, and a 'scope image of its waveform.
And the surprise result is .... it's running like the Equinox Beach mode. The waveform is an exact match for the Beach mode scope capture's that Chiv made on Geotech1, and the frequency spectrum matches, too.
So that is 7.8 kHz / 13 kHz / 18.2 kHz / 39 kHz
Ratios are 3 : 5 : 7 : 15

How it then goes on to process these four is of course unknown .... it could be a straight 'copy' of the Eqx beach mode code, that would be the quickest simplest way of doing it - make use of the R&D that's already been carried out. If they only need to process two freqs for a given mode, they can, no need to change the transmitted output.

I suppose this opens up the possibility of hacking Vanquish coils onto the Eqx ... though don't hold yer breath.

I'll try and add some pics and further info later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks.  Good info and not surprising since ML’s biggest challenge with Vanquish was providing a machine that was stable on salt beaches.  As a result, it is less optimized (or less hot) than Equinox for mid conductive targets (IOW not an ideal relic or small gold jewelry machine) and will hit silver and other high conductors well.  The only other question (besides signal processing like you mentioned) being whether it automatically dials back Transmit power when encountering black sand (or mineralized soil) like EQX does in Beach 1.  Nice “compromise” general purpose mode approach by ML.

This is a good question Chase .., although Minelab does not inform about it in manuals, it is possible that in extremely strong mineralization lowering TX to 1/3 of ... maximum TX, can also work the same as with Equinox ..

Simon .... you have a good idea., ..
all you need to do is repack the V340 electronics and coil into an improved GO-Find body.

My main problem with the Go-Find was the loose feel, which makes it feel like a cheap toy to me. If the handle locked firmly into place with no wiggle it would have made a big difference. Though for me to buy one you’d have to put a Gold Monster circuit in it. That would make for a great stuff in rucksack prospecting unit.

• Like 1