Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

GPZ 8000 Rumors

flakmagnet

Norvic,

I'll always appreciate your comments.

You must know by now ... it is harder to be a prospector than some of us are capable of doing on a regular basis.

I'm back to a once or twice a month nugget hunter for the next 2-3 years.  I guess my best status now would be a tag along detectorist or wait for my metal detecting club to get an easy claim!  haha

Mitchel

(Right now I'm going out for a 2 hour beach hunt to finish my birthday.  It will take me about 5 minutes to get to the beach!)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I'm back to a once or twice a month nugget hunter for the next 2-3 years.  I guess my best status now would be a tag along detectorist or wait for my metal detecting club to get an easy claim!

I would also add that being the parent of a young child and living hundreds of miles from the "goldfields" also tends to cramp us amateurs style. Happy New Year to you Mitchel.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

You must know by now ... it is harder to be a prospector than some of us are capable of doing on a regular basis.

Ah ha, tis so allover I remember back yonks ago I answered similarly on an OZ 4M, found naively that I`m indeed a fortunate fella, you`ve got the metal one day you may get the time and  inclination, patience grasshopper...patience. A good serve on your birthday will get you in the mood go out and get amongst those coins and stop perving on the "Baywatch" shielas. ?

Aie Flakmagnet……. jockeys for  horses for courses, but most of all  may 2020 be a Top Year for you and family......you amateur...……..?

People think many things. Minelab said ZVT is the platform for the next ten years or more, not that the GPZ was. Minelab is in the business of selling metal detectors and it is disingenuous to pretend otherwise. We all know the program, they have been introducing new gold machines every few years. I always assumed the GPZ was just the first in a new series and can’t see how anyone would think otherwise. Unless told so by an overzealous salesperson... I have to grant you that. :smile:

Fact is nobody need buy anything. Plenty of happy GPX owners out there.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Haha, everything I do in nugget hunting falls under the "prospecting" heading, I intentionally go to areas that were mined 100+ years ago and ignored since. I do that because there are no current claims to worry about, but there is obviously potential for gold.  That said, my recovery rate is currently zero. It's fine, I have fun, but minelab (etc) should hope I find something because the only way I pay thousands on a new detector is cleaning out a new area with the equinox and knowing I can likely find more with xxx detector worth the investment. So far that is certainly not the case. I'm not discouraged,  I already have several spots picked out for when the snow melts. But I'm a realist, I fully understand I'm most likely tilting at windmills. 

I have a severe cold and am quite drunk,  so if that doesn't make since, well, sorry...

• Haha 4

Lacky, diverge a bit and go out away a wee bit from those 100+ years ago mined areas, go out into the fringes and find what those old codgers missed...…………... I think I`ll have another rum no bugger it another two or so, that`ll put me way past apologising……………..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi Jim, no, although I am the proud dad of two great kids it's not me. I believe our Mitchel has a relatively new child and we all know that being a dad to a young one takes precedence over mining….

Happy New Year to you. Hope maybe to get out and see you this year.