Italian Directions

Last weekend I was looking at some of the posts that Skullgolddiver was putting up and he looked at a cross I had found and I posted a couple of pictures of the beach.  A little later in the day I got a personal message that was like a treasure map.  It said go to a particular beach on June 2 because the wind and conditions were right for detecting.  I've never had anyone give me such advice before so I wanted to take advantage of Skull's advice.

I took off at the appointed time and hit a beach I'd never detected before that was a bit north of where I had found my cross.  It is not an easy beach to park at if you don't want to pay parking but I did find a place and I got down to the beach during low tide.  It turns out to be a dog beach where all dogs can run free.  The poop is really not a problem and one of the admonitions is that you should be able to see your dog at all times!  haha

The beach was very flat.  The women were not.  I walked a couple of miles to the north trying to find a patch as I didn't have much time.  I went into the water to knee deep and up to the top of the previous high tide.  There just wasn't much there.  On the way back almost where I had entered the beach I got a good number.  It was a 12 and I dug it.  As you can see it has a fine little chain but it is not silver.

IMG_20200602_143224.thumb.jpg.e31baf5e5b10b696782b505cb979cf4e.jpgIMG_20200602_143231.thumb.jpg.64f50da65bb887e7db91d38b68e89a5e.jpg

I looked around and one of the women with a dog was looking at me so I decided to show her what I had found.  I said 'You aren't really going to believe this but the reason I am here is that a guy from Italy sent me.'  I then said it was as the result of a metal detecting forum.  She told me it should be a great beach for finding stuff because people run all over that beach throwing stuff for their dogs and they may lose more than what I had already found.  She was a treasure too.

It was time for me to head back to where I had found the lone cross from the previous trip and alas there was nothing in that location either.  I gave up on wet sand and found one cheap ring in the dry sand before I called it at the end of 4 hours.

Thank you Skullgolddiver for an excuse to get out and hunt another beach.  It was an adventure.

Mitchel

I found gold in the less appetible places you can imagine. Sometimes I really thinked by myself to be crazy.

Places where You wonder why and for what reason people used to stay for a minute...

So You have a future second choice in your pocket now 😉

I took a couple of better pictures last night.

IMG_0261.thumb.JPG.5570fd29eb49ec0916006827f62f477b.JPGIMG_0262.thumb.JPG.19b5773f42f7534f8480e90431c3e298.JPG