Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Minelab GPX 6000

VicR

I wish the GPX 6000 was housed in a excalibur housing, as opposed to the CTX/GPZ style housing. Just make it waterproof (for real ?). If they just made the EMI mitigation better, then I would be happy with just those two advancements. Adding some extra depth to it would be icing on the cake for me. I know it's a gold machine, but acknowledging the fact that it is a great relic and beach machine would also boost sales. 

Seta and GPX were both trade marked separately in 2009 but appear on the same detectors.

Multi IQ and Equinox were both trade marked separately in 2017 but appear on the same detector.

Geo Sense - PI and GPX 6000 - both names were filed for trade mark in July 2020 - Im guessing we are going to have a GPX 6000 incorporating Geo Sense - PI. What is Geo Sense - PI? Maybe its an adaption of ground penetrating radar (ultra wide band impulse radar) combined with pulse induction technology from the military MDS-10.

Timing - Looking at prior trade mark applications for the equinox and vanquish - it took about 6 months for the trade mark to be granted and product was launched from 3 to 9 months after the granting of the  trade mark. So GPX6000 should be granted by the end of 2020 with launch somewhere between March and September 2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VicR said:

Maybe its an adaption of ground penetrating radar (ultra wide band impulse radar) combined with pulse induction technology

This could challenge ZVT and perhaps challenge the 7000 franchise

I have a 5000 and a 7000, the 6000 would have to be super special to entice me to buy one. Have to give ML credit for always looking to improve their products.