Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Your Recommendations On Nugget Hunting Field Gear

Looking for tips on what to carry in  the field for nugget hunting.  I have a metal detector, skid plate for the coil, an Apex pick with super magnet, a plastic scoop, a plastic flat sided cup, a small plastic bottle for nuggets.  Which is better, a back pack or finders pouch?  Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

Water, a gun or bear spray if applicable, Tecnu, gold pan. I usually take a backpack since I will be a few miles from my vehicle and need food and other stuff. But if you are staying close to safety and comfort you don’t need much.

I started putting my nuggets in either a water bottle or weed container with some water in it and they come out nice and clean after you walk and dig all day.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Cascade Steven said:

a small plastic bottle for nuggets. 

A big plastic bottle, just kidding but have a visible container that can be found easy if you drop it. White is not the best in quartz areas. Use one  like this one with a different capP4260261.thumb.JPG.8dbb3849fa738c373ca541e51bd4d6db.JPG.

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1

Trash pouch (please pack out your trash), pruning shears for cutting roots, extra scoop (if you loose a scoop out in the brush it can really ruin your day so have another in your rig just in case), swiss army type knife with a saw blade for BIG roots, PLASTIC vile for gold (glass will break), small crevice tool..........

• Like 5