Quest Xpointer Max Review (update 2)

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

Thanks, interesting they went with 9.5kHz rather than the usual 12 most pin pointers sit on and the lower frequency would normally mean less sensitive to small stuff.

I have heard that the new nokta Accupoint is going to be a pretty high KHz somewhere around 18 KHz so I am curious how it will perform compared to my X Pointer Max it will also have visual and tone ID on ferrous and Non ferrous targets like the X Pointer Max and when it arrives for sale I will at least be able to purchase one of those also which I intend on doing, as you can tell phrunt I am a pin pointer junky also like you LOL

I have also sent Nokta a suggestion of doing something like the Magic Holster for the new Accupoint whether they do it or not remains to be seen, hopefully the Accupoint will arrive some time in the near future, if Quest and Sphinx can do the magnetic stand by don't know why Nokta couldn't, that app setup that Sphinx offers sounds interesting also

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

Thanks, interesting they went with 9.5kHz rather than the usual 12 most pin pointers sit on and the lower frequency would normally mean less sensitive to small stuff.

I thought the same thing as you when i read the 9.5 KHz believe me it  surprised me just how sensitive this X Pointer Max is, it does boot up in Boost sensitivity when you first turn it on at least both mine did but I still went in and learned how to adjust things in it just so I would know out in the field

• Like 2