Minelab Pro-find 35 Users... Any Problems?

I probably should have asked this question before I ordered the pin pointer. 🤔 Anyway, I was reading the other thread about using a pin pointer at the beach, and it got me interested in giving it a try.

I have tried the Garrett carrot with no success. I got two lemons that would either not turn on at all or would just vibrate away as soon as I turn them on. Returned both after new batteries did not fix the problem.

So I thought about the Fisher F Pulse and then started checking prices for others. I saw that the Pro-Find 35 was $99 as opposed to the Pro-Find 40 which is $150. I saw the only difference seemed to be the 40 had a 10% increase in depth. The F-Pulse is $120. Wound up just hitting the "Buy Now" button on the Pro-Find 35.

Did I screw up? Anybody have problems with this unit?

Thanks......

I would return it if you can. They have a high rate of unstableness unless you turn the sensitivity way down. 

Here’s a good comparison video though

• The title was changed to Mine Lab Pro-find 35 Users... Anyproblems?
1 hour ago, TampaBayBrad said:

So what is a recommendation besides the carrot?

I would buy one with an integrated li ion battery which is much more reliable than AAs or 9Vs and lasts (much) longer . Nokta Accupoint , XP MI4 , Quest Xpointer Max 

13 minutes ago, palzynski said:

I would buy one with an integrated li ion battery which is much more reliable than AAs or 9Vs and lasts (much) longer . Nokta Accupoint , XP MI4 , Quest Xpointer Max 

Good idea, thanks. I'm going to return the ML 35 as soon as it gets here as Ron suggested and will order one of these rechargeable ones. Anybody using any of the 3 above that can chime in here and advise on it? I'm reading the Amazon reviews on them, but you know how that can go.....

28 minutes ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Good idea, thanks. I'm going to return the ML 35 as soon as it gets here as Ron suggested and will order one of these rechargeable ones. Anybody using any of the 3 above that can chime in here and advise on it? I'm reading the Amazon reviews on them, but you know how that can go.....

There's a recent topic on just this.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/topic/25926-best-rechargeable-pinpointer/

38 minutes ago, Gold Seeker said:

Thanks for that link.....I guess I searched the wrong sub forum. I searched "best pin pointer". But that thread is just what I was looking for.

After reading through the observations, I settled on the Nokta Accupoint because lately according to Amazon reviews, the MI4 has had a rash of shipments with cracked end caps, even 2 in a row for one guy. Watched several youtube videos on the Accupoint, and it sounds like that's what I need when I sand hunt and can't find the tiny targets that fall through the holes. Why I want to find them, I have no idea!