Using A Ctx3030 Like A Mono Frequency...

12 hours ago, Borja said:

I find this topic very interesting.

What in your opinion would be the best channel to look for gold jewelry on the beach with the ctx?

This is a good question, but there is no single answer.
If you think that the channel alone can affect only the type of target, you fall into error.
I dwell on the fact that by activating the saltwater function, suddenly the ctx becomes super stable, necessarily cutting off the higher frequencies.
Then it is not just one particular frequency, but a pair that compares on the signal.
The channel in my opinion, shifts the kHz slightly for the purpose of not having wave interference and false signal, but it acts little on the size of the detected 🎯

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Esta es una buena pregunta, pero no hay una respuesta única.
Si crees que el canal solo puede afectar solo al tipo de target, caes en el error.
Me detengo en el hecho de que al activar la función de agua salada, de repente el ctx se vuelve súper estable, cortando necesariamente las frecuencias más altas.
Entonces no es solo una frecuencia en particular, sino un par que se compara en la señal.
El canal en mi opinión, desplaza ligeramente los kHz con el propósito de no tener interferencia de onda y señal falsa, pero actúa poco sobre el tamaño de lo detectado 🎯

I understand it is true that when activating sea water it becomes super stable. It seemed to me an interesting topic and something that I never stopped to think about. Would you recommend me to do the cancellation manually or automatically?

*CTX 3030 ..if you want a little more sensitivity for small targets, use channel 10..., and audio response long... or smooth.. and sensitivity 23 and more....

tested low-conductivity target ... 5mm, 0.19 gram lead ... target conductivity measured on XP ORX ... VDI 43.

IMG-20230418-WA0002.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Borja said:

cancellation manually or automatically?

If you manually choose the channel, this operation can take effect in two ways.

A higher channel ( 7 to 11) may be noisier, while a lower channel (1 to 7), create less interference.

Precisely because it changes a frequency bias in motion.

The theory is that at channel 1 there are lower frequencies and at the opposite on channel 11 there are higher frequencies.

Mind you, I would add that in addition to being noisier and more unstable, higher frequencies also have less depth of effectiveness.

I would keep to the 25Khz that is more or less on channel 7, but no one without an oscilloscope could really confirm.

Around the ctx in spite of its age, there is still a shadow of mystery 🤐

I made a short video of the sensitivity and range test of the CTX 3030 on a small low-conductivity target 1/24.. at a depth of 7.5 cm .. on multi-frequency channels 11-10-1...

The test was done on the sensitivity of the detector 21...to see the difference in range
in this test... with CTX 3030 ... channel 11 gives the best signal, channel 10 gives a slightly weaker signal,,, but channel 1 no longer gives any signal to this small target at a depth of 7.5 cm...

this can indicate... how we can influence the detection results by using a different multifrequency channel in the CTX 3030 or in the Etrac..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2023 at 3:18 PM, Borja said:

I understand it is true that when activating sea water it becomes super stable. It seemed to me an interesting topic and something that I never stopped to think about. Would you recommend me to do the cancellation manually or automatically?

Having the auto quick function on the control panel, it is good to use it for convenience.

If you really want to try it manually, choose a channel from 7 to 11 and focus on threshold stability.If you start listening to noise in the headphones without even moving the coil, switch to a lower channel.

• Like 1