So You Think It's Easy To Find AU In A Wash? + Field Testing

Nebulanoodle and others who have contacted me about the El Paso mountains. Some of you made comments about how you couldn't believe the size of the nuggets being found here. Well here is a pic of a FRACTION of what is also found while finding those nuggets. The pic doesn't show a lot of lead, bullet brass, screening and pieces of wire. Oh and hot rocks aren't pictured.

I am interested in an informal field test of a 24K 6000,7000, Goldmonster and of course my EQ800 in this area. I will put my EQ down and just observe for awhile. Maybe the 6 & 7 will do well out of the wash and up the sides of the hills surrounding the wash and I wonder how the other 2 (24K & GM) will do IN the wash...we'll see.I am going to have to break this outing(s) plural up into 2 trips...I have too many volunteers..LOL!! I don't mind inviting these people to be my guest for the weekend as I have been over and over this wash and if they can find what I missed and I can see these other detectors in action and in the case of the 6 & 7 actually use them and split the findings...well great. It's always good to gain knowledge and compare.

IMG_1191.thumb.JPG.696b433aa83fb2fd9b8d8aa4ca1b7be0.JPG

• Like 3

old trash is a good sign.
if the wash wasn't trashy, do you think the nuggets would still be
there to find? some detectorists give up fast in junky areas.
im more concerned if a wash is devoid of (old) trash targets, cleaned out.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to So You Think It's Easy To Find AU In A Wash? + Field Testing