Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Deepest And Most Complex Ability Deus II Program

shopkins1994

I’m not an engineer but only a simple md passionate. I like this thread because is really interesting. My question is: is iron volume a filter when is set to 0, and so when iron is cut out? Because in my opinion it becomes a filter only when is set to 0, discriminating iron.  Let me know please, because it’s not my intent to write inaccuracies. Thanks in advance.

Still, the underlying idea seems worth considering and I thank the OP for his video and thoughts which I find useful. Even if not entirely accurate, the idea of using settings to increase accuracy and/or depth is a good one. Hunting in all metal mode is commonly used and useful to many, and even trading separation for depth (or vice versa) are useful tools. A logical extension of commonly used ideas might not be such a bad thing.

Shopkins, I am sorry for the tone of some of the responses you have received. This is not the place it used to be. Right or wrong, there is good information in all the posts, including yours, and it should be welcome.

2 hours ago, Ogliuga said:

I’m not an engineer but only a simple md passionate. I like this thread because is really interesting. My question is: is iron volume a filter when is set to 0, and so when iron is cut out? Because in my opinion it becomes a filter only when is set to 0, discriminating iron.  Let me know please, because it’s not my intent to write inaccuracies. Thanks in advance.

Iron volume is not a filter at all.  Iron volume merely let's you hear discriminated iron tones with a coarse volume adjustment.  Discrimination is the filter in this case.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Iron volume is not a filter at all.  Iron volume merely let's you hear discriminated iron tones with a coarse volume adjustment.  Discrimination is the filter in this case.

Thanks for your answer! But why on D1, there is a depth lose between Iron Volume 0 instead set to 5? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ogliuga said:

Thanks for your answer! But why on D1, there is a depth lose between Iron Volume 0 instead set to 5? Thanks in advance.

You might be confusing another setting, perhaps?  I haven’t experienced any depth loss resulting from where I set iron volume on D1.  It should have zero impact on depth.

• Like 1

Here's a good video that shows what happens when you go to extremes with settings in high mineral and high EMI sites on both the Deus 1 and Deus 2. My soil and EMI are very similar. Although I have a little more wiggle room on the settings he's talking about in my area. Specifically reactivity.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

You might be confusing another setting, perhaps?  I haven’t experienced any depth loss resulting from where I set iron volume on D1.  It should have zero impact on depth.

I agree when you say it should have no impact on depth. With D1 there was some differences between iron volume set on 0 and set on 5. I’ll try with D2 as well. Thanks for your answer.

If you are talking a mixed ferrous signal or target, if depth is affecting the ferrous component, I.e., driving a signal from mixed to full ferrous as the target is moved further from the coil, then with iron volume off (0) you of course are no longer going to hear the target at some point whereas you will continue to hear the target if you have iron volume on as it transitions to a full ferrous signal at depth.  That would give the false perception that iron volume affects depth.  It should have no effect if your target remains fully ferrous or fully non-ferrous during the depth excursion regardless of the iron volume setting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

If you are talking a mixed ferrous signal or target, if depth is affecting the ferrous component, I.e., driving a signal from mixed to full ferrous as the target is moved further from the coil, then with iron volume off (0) you of course are no longer going to hear the target at some point whereas you will continue to hear the target if you have iron volume on as it transitions to a full ferrous signal at depth.  That would give the false perception that iron volume affects depth.  It should have no effect if your target remains fully ferrous or fully non-ferrous during the depth excursion regardless of the iron volume setting.

I’m predominantly talking about these iron volume effects on mineralized grounds. For example, a coin with similar dimensions to a neckle put in the bottom of a 8” hole for a depth test: no signal with iron volume 0, mixed signal with iron volume 5..not a totally ferrous signal but a mixed one. And  with iron volume set to 0, there were no signals. I know this can be seen like a weird behavior and it’s weird for me too. I’ll try to make a video about this. Thank you for your kindness and see you soon.

In italian we talk about “drift towards ferrous”, specially on mineralized grounds. And with iron volume 5 vs 0, it seems that this “obstacle” can be overcome..

• Like 3