Deus 2 Carbon-fiber Shaft Project Update...(updated 8-27-22 With New Pics -- Fully Assembled Shaft)

steveg

The project is moving along at a good pace.

A surprise arrived today, that will now allow me to get the field-test prototypes sent out to testers soon...

DeusHandleCuff.thumb.JPG.f1e563b49be7faecf04c08bb7844e92b.JPG

The arm cuffs were produced by my supplier with matte finish, not glossy, by mistake -- but they'll be glossy (to match the rest of the shaft) in the production model.

For more information regarding the shaft, what it will feature, and what I'm attempting to achieve in terms of improvements, etc., you can find details in my latest "blog" entry (dated 8-24-22) on my website, at https://www.stevesdetectorrods.com/blog/index.php

Thanks, all!

Steve

• Like 8

Erm, if ya want to get rid of onea them matte cuffs, I'm game 😀

• Haha 2

F350 -- sorry, my friend!  They are going to be installed on field-test prototype shafts in the next couple of days, and then will be sent off to the testers...  😞

Are you needing an arm cuff?  I have an earlier plastic prototype of this cuff -- very similar, but a bit larger, that I'd sell you for a really good price...

bigtim -- not sure yet; I haven't assembled a prototype shaft using my "production-grade" parts yet; earlier prototypes were all using 3D-printed parts.  Once I get one assembled, likely this weekend, I'll be able to comment on the weight...

Thanks!

Steve

• Like 4

No worries, Steve. 😀 Getting older and living by the tenet "nothing ventured, nothing gained". It's been working out rather well. 👍 it's the carbon fiber that caught my eye. Probably wouldn't fit the stock rig.

Eagerly anticipating your final product. 🙂

• Like 1

F350 -- understood, LOL!  Nope, won't fit the stock shaft.  Needs a round one...

Steve

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steveg said:

The project is moving along at a good pace.

A surprise arrived today, that will now allow me to get the field-test prototypes sent out to testers soon...

Very nice job . Btw the XP factory shafts are too short for tall persons , the lower stem is too short and the upper stem too. I mean the armrest is too close from the handle and this length cannot be changed , at least on the S telecopic Lite. I hope that this can be adjusted on your new shaft ... thanks ...

palzynski -- yes, sir -- most definitely.  Each of the things you mentioned is being addressed.  My shaft allows quite a bit more distance between the arm cuff and handle.  And, not only will the extension length of the "standard" shaft be longer than the Deus shaft, I can customize for anyone that needs a longer-than-standard shaft, as well...

Chase -- thank you sir!

Steve

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1