Whites TDI Motherboard

Melano87

thanks.  I appreciate the insight.  Hopefully this will also provide to others an alternative to the vernier installation if they are interested.

I also forgot to ask:  Is there a preferred location to install the pot and is there a physical size or part (part number/supplier) that you would recommend?  Thanks

The best place is next to the current GB pot. Personally, I would move the Gain pot over to the right side where the White's logo is and place the Coarse GB pot where the Gain pot was. Then make the current GB pot the Fine control. The reason is that it's preferable to have the GB on/off switch on the Fine control so the Coarse control stays in place, makes switching between AM & GB a bit easier. Even better than that is to break out the GB on/off to a separate toggle switch. If you never find yourself switching between AM & GB then none of this matters.

For the pot you want a 10k linear taper with a 1/4" (6mm) shaft. They are everywhere. Here is a place to get them cheap but shipping will probably un-cheap them:

https://www.futurlec.com/PotRot.shtml

Which one you get depends on what knob you want to put on it. If you have free Prime shipping then Amazon has them reasonably priced, though you'll have to buy several. Plus side, some options include wires & knobs.

Finally, if you are passing through Republic, WA I'll give it to you for free.

• Like 1

Carl:  Thanks for the details and link.  Greatly appreciated.  Thanks too for the offer.  Unfortunately I don't get up into the Republic area very often, but then again maybe this is a great excuse to venture up that way and "meet and greet". 🙂