Searching Worldwide For A Coil For TDI SL

Roger

12 hours ago, Roger said:

Thank you for your suggestion Steve; that is one I would really like.  But I doubt there will be one for sale in the UK, or any of the ones I have listed, hence my search here.

I do not mind emailing retailers/shops/stores anywhere in the world to ask if they have a coil/loop in stock and are happy to ship to the UK; all I need is some leads=name of websites.  I also appreciate, that the Razorbacks, MJ etc are 99% likely to be secondhand and used.  That's fine by me.

When I ask about the Nugget Finder 14"x9" Mono, is there only one with that dimension?

Regards,

Roger

No, there is the older SL and the newer EVO model. I've only used the older SL model - I don't know if they even make it still. The Evo is flat wound litz wire and supposedly superior.

My old coil NF 14x9 on my old GPX 5000 and the 6.5 ounce nugget they helped me find....

steve-herschbach-minelab-gpx-5000-6-oz-gold-nugget-2013.jpg

Roger, check out the Prospecting Australia metal detecting forum, the classifieds. For example i'm selling a modified Tdi Pro with coils etc etc on that site. Also Ebay Australia sometimes has some of the coils you mentioned.

I wasn't clear on which Tdi you are using, or planning on using. Tdi Sl or Tdi Pro? The Pro will balance most coils easily whilst the Tdi Sl loves the lighter loops. Looking at your choices it looks as if your on the right track as far as coverage is concerned.

I've found that the key is working out what you want and then waiting  for the opportunity to present itself.

tdi pro beach.jpg

beach coils.jpg

Very disappointed that Thrace couldn't sell me a 15x8 mono coil as they were out of stock but their purchasing portal did not reflect that and I went through the purchasing process but no sale and I had a PayPal refund.

So....I will try this https://detechdetect.com/coils/detech/15x8-wss-monoloop/detech-15x8-wss-monoloop-coil-for-minelab-gpx-gp-sd-series-metal-detectors to try to buy one. Without trying it, it may be a bit heavy, so will balance some lead on top of the 12” Dual field to take weight to 1000gm to see how it feels.

The 14x10 is twice the weight, so that's not a consideration.

The 15x12 is exact same weight, so that's a nono.

The 15x10 is 1k or 1000gm.

The 14” Mono is also 2Kg and a nono.

The 15” Mono is also a nono at a kilo.

So any recommendations? The 15x8 at 1Kg or 15x10 at 1Kg ?

Now this is before I have even tried to place an order obviously. So I welcome your opinions etc. And still looking for a 14x8 Digger or Nugget Finder 14x9.

Thanks,

Regards,

Rog

Update 12 hours later.  I have managed to complete an order for a 15x8 Mono on the Detech website. So fingers crossed....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Kev has now retired. He is listing his remaining stock on Ebay only.

I guess because I always picked up extra coils, I have a variety of options to choose from.

• 3 weeks later...

Its a shame that Kev from Staffs detecting has retired,have purchased many coils and detectors from him over the years,mainly GPX coils for my TDI Pro,may favourite is the ultra lightweight Coiltek 14x9 Mono but that would not suit detecting in the surf as the coil is foam filled and would float like a cork......my latest purchase from Kevin was my GPX 4500 in amazing condition.

End of a era.

• Like 1

Thank you Steve.  Seems I am in the wrong part of the world to obtain some of my desired coils easily.

But I have bought two Detech coils and they work very well and better than stock.