Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

There's Still Big Gold In Western Australia!

Aureous

I find the language disappointing but understandable. <head down, staring at boots, SMH>    It doesn't look good, but bogans will be bogans.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm 68 years old, I've been around, I'm Australian, like it or not we do talk like that, at times. Such a time was the circumstances in that video. The excitement was infectious and real so I personally didn't mind it. For those that didn't I understand, they did get a bit carried away, but that's what people do when there's a camera involved. It's a nice find and I'm trying to relate it to my finds, not as good as that one but a 23 grammer found with my dad, not one woop or holler. Sniping with two young guys who had never found gold, a 30 gram day for basically their first trip, some quiet high fives at weigh in. But sniping is different the excitement is spread out over the entire day. A bit carried away yes, but it was a nice nugget so let them have their moment. 

When I found a sunbaker over 5½ ounces I got on the 2way and said "Chicken to-night" Carol answered "I'm coming over to see how well you cooked it". That was one of our codes when detecting because a lot of EARS out there. It was hard to keep the WOW in.?

Jar175gmAuNugget.thumb.jpg.ed1d74f28ac4e3844ec7950a52069284.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 2

What did you do with that one on top?

19 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

What did you do with that one on top?

I have it in the kid's inherence. Most of our nuggets above a dwt are still in the collection with the exception of specimens. Most of which have been crushed, refined and sold.    

• Like 1

GJ Yeah, I did a similar thing in NT on a Doug Stone tour called the wife over said I was out of water, she come over with a canteen of water but no detector, a half dozen of others came over with their detectors.... ? 

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Norvic said:

GJ Yeah, I did a similar thing in NT on a Doug Stone tour called the wife over said I was out of water, she come over with a canteen of water but no detector, a half dozen of others came over with their detectors.... ? 

You need to tell the wife you need a kiss.  She would be the only one interested in giving you that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

I have it in the kid's inherence. Most of our nuggets above a dwt are still in the collection with the exception of specimens. Most of which have been crushed, refined and sold.    

Will you adopt me so I can get a chance at that nugget?  That's killer stuff.

• Haha 4