Make Your Headphones Work With The Manticore

PSPR

It got up to about 40F today, I had to take the headphones off - too warm.  Used the speaker, which was fine on a deserted beach with not much wind.

I'm going to NEED an earbud solution soon though.  Just can't hack headphones when it gets warm.  I already have AptX earbuds for my 800, so something like the unit @Dug D just posted is likely in my near future.

- Dave

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking of using Deus 2 BH-01 bone conductions waterproof headphones.. modified using equinox headphone connector like this one..

equinox.JPG.202ee396b381f02d82c12d31dd98a882.JPG

Is it doable? Will be using it for water hunting and inland hunting, need to hear the surrounding while detecting.. Sorry if this has been suggested before..

On 1/20/2023 at 2:12 AM, pikens said:

Garret Z-lynk will work on any detector. It has a transmitter and receiver. Plug and play.

But not water resistant - all 3rd party solutions suck in that regard.

2 hours ago, fishersari said:

I am thinking of using Deus 2 BH-01 bone conductions waterproof headphones.. modified using equinox headphone connector like this one..

equinox.JPG.202ee396b381f02d82c12d31dd98a882.JPG

Is it doable? Will be using it for water hunting and inland hunting, need to hear the surrounding while detecting.. Sorry if this has been suggested before..

Actually you'll have to try .. they need a lot of "juice" - aka relatively high audio output. Someone tested them on the excal and they were too quiet as far as I remember.

18 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I honestly have not heard many complaints about the quality of the included wireless phones.

Well, that may be because I don't have mine yet.  :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, rats...  Didn't have much hope, but was still holding out a tiny ray of hope that a BTE device would work.  So much for that.

- Dave

17 minutes ago, UT Dave said:

Ah, rats...  Didn't have much hope, but was still holding out a tiny ray of hope that a BTE device would work.  So much for that.

- Dave

They're kind of unusual though, Dave.  They come with a USB C Dongle transmitter that is really designed to be plugged into a VR headset.  They will connect to my phone in "normal" BT mode without the Dongle but not low latency.  They may be locked into looking for their own Dongle vs. Just any BT LE transmitter so the problem "might" be the earbuds and not ML's built-in BT LE transmitter.  So I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope.  We'll probably know more once Sennheiser comes out with their Nordic Semiconductor SoC Bluetooth LE Audio gear that uses the same chipset that is in the ML 85/105 Headsets for Nox & Manticore.

On 3/15/2023 at 11:54 AM, UT Dave said:

So you're saying there's a chance 😁.  Yes!

- Dave

Yep!  Dug further into the Soundcore VR P10's and LC3 is only invoked when connecting with the Dongle, so no surprise the Nox 900 did not "see" them.  There's still hope!  :laugh: