Website Back In Time ×

First Impression: Steve’s Deus II Detector Rod

ColonelDan

details man, details... we need more details .. LOL

fantastic review. 

I got mine yesterday too but because I'm not well I didn't get to it.

I just took the rod out of the box   ... all i can say is 

WOW ... my review?

SLICK  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great review and information Colonel D.Would you by chance use the XP 280 backpack to transport your detector in and if so does the new shaft fit comfortably? I have already posed this question to Steve via e.mail and of course he can build me one any length that I desire but it would be good to have the extra length or even longer and know that it will fit inside of the pack.Maybe you or some other forum members will know.Thanks D.B.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

Great review and information Colonel D.Would you by chance use the XP 280 backpack to transport your detector in and if so does the new shaft fit comfortably? I have already posed this question to Steve via e.mail and of course he can build me one any length that I desire but it would be good to have the extra length or even longer and know that it will fit inside of the pack.Maybe you or some other forum members will know.Thanks D.B.

In fact, I had the same question so I did test it and it does fit inside the 280 backpack even with my 11” coil attached to the lower rod.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

In fact, I had the same question so I did test it and it does fit inside the 280 backpack even with my 11” coil attached to the lower rod.

Awesome and thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks ColonelDan! Nice detailed first impression. It's kinda fun to be first... ?

Mine is on the way, I requested the drilling to hide the cable. May not use it much because I don't do a lot of beach hunting but I'm glad it will be there if I want it.

I've got the 13" coil, and with a centering device it doesn't feel any different than the 11", so I think I can do without the counterweight.

I think SteveG busted his butt to get these out, he deserves a commendation on that alone. ?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1