Axiom Booster Pack

BMaxx

Hi ALL

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the following:

If the main battery were to fail in the Axiom, could the booster pack be used to bypass the dead/defective main battery?

In other words, could the Axiom be used exclusively on the battery pack?

Pls and thanks!

I did contact Garrett on this but let me preface their answer with why I asked in the first place.

My intent was to find out if a person could use the detector with the booster pack alone (similar to a whites detector) because i am pretty sure that AA's are going to be around for a while - not so sure about a potentially special battery used in the Axiom.

Garrett says the following:

It will work from the external battery with a failed/dead internal battery, but not with the internal battery removed.  In addition, disabling and removing the internal battery would void the warranty.

Based on this answer, I'm wondering if the user can even replace the internal battery during the warranty period, should the need arise.

Anyway, i hope this tidbit helps others.

If it fails under warranty let them do it. Same issue came up when the Equinox came up, and it was a non-issue. Four year old Nox are still going strong. Having used the Axiom for well over a year, the only plan I have for the battery pack is to fill it with lead shot and use as a counterbalance for the larger coils.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BMaxx said:

Hi Steve

Just to confirm something on your comment pls.

By "battery pack" are you referring to the booster pack?

Thx

That is the only battery pack there is. Booster is the wrong word for it really - more like emergency backup battery for people who forget to charge the detector. The built in battery is fantastic, maybe the best yet in a metal detector. It will give most people two days operation, and can charge off any USB outlet quickly and easily. A single large USB battery brick will keeping you running in the field for a week or more. Long story short battery concerns are only something that people who have not used the detector are going to have. It’s great.

• Like 3