Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Nox 900 Tid Stability

36 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Thanks, Andrew and Jeff.  (I should have requested more openly rather than just asking Jeff alone.  I'm glad I didn't silence everyone else, but more could have answered I supposed.) 

It sounds like for the most part the spread in VDI's, at least at this early stage of Manticore experience, isn't that much different than the Deus 2 when it comes to VDI's, with possible exceptions.  What does stand out as different (if I'm understanding) is the following:

So that's a 'tell' that something highly conductive is the target?  I.e. the highest conduction targets (e.g. a stack of silver coins) doesn't wrap around to iron?  Maybe we don't yet know how the Manticore reacts to an extremely conductive target, though.

Chuck I just meant at depth when a target it at the D2's detection limits, there is no ID. Where as the 900 is still flashing up numbers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, abenson said:

Chuck I just meant at depth when a target it at the D2's detection limits, there is no ID. Where as the 900 is still flashing up numbers.

Have you found any "secret sauce" to tell if a target is ferrous or non-ferrous when the D-2 will not ID? 
At least in Beach Modes I have not found a good combination for 360 conformation. 

14 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I'm drawing a blank (i.e. confused look).  What does 'AS' mean?

.... Roman AS is a big and thick highly conductive coin.. so I was wondering how the manticore would react to such a target...

IMG_20230112_002202_245.jpg

for comparison, I will show AS as well as other coins such as for example the gold stater/electrum/, 1  gold ducat and gold 4 ducats  coin ...will react with the range.... if you have the detector   EQUINOX program multiF  Park1

IMG_20230110_104831.jpg

......An interesting result in this test was...that a 4 cm gold coin of the same size as a silver dollar...had a significantly greater detection range than silver coins of the size of a dollar/silver Dollar and silver 5 Pesetas 1891 /.

I did similar tests with CTX ...with similar results..

• Like 4

9 hours ago, midalake said:

Have you found any "secret sauce" to tell if a target is ferrous or non-ferrous when the D-2 will not ID? 
At least in Beach Modes I have not found a good combination for 360 conformation. 

No I haven't. Seems like once you start digging though the signal gets more broken on iron.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/11/2023 at 2:21 AM, strick said:

Yep at least with the 800 I knew when I got a 13 it was either a nickel or an ax head ?

strick

You could tell the difference, nickles (or gold rings) sounds sweet, the ax heads have a dull, dead sound to them.  I still dig them all though ?

On 1/26/2023 at 1:46 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Not with the stock coil.  Seemed to run more stable TID at a local ball field, but at relic sites I've been to the last couple of weeks could not get it to run stable above 16 sensitivity due to EMI so went with the D2 which was stable close to Max sensitivity.  So there's that.

So Chase what are your thoughts now that you have had time to use and assess the 900 ? Being a 900 user myself I'd like to hear your opinion.Thanks

• Like 1