It Was 925 At Beach

Slipped in a short hunt this morning and it yielded a 925 ring.  Heck after reading/seeing everyone’s posts/finds from the storm out west I was not going to put this dinky ring up.  ‘The Seeker’ slayed the gold n silver in his post. Would have liked to have been swinging my pulse on that beach.  

Anyhoot it was good to get out even though our beach conditions are not where most of us want them to be.  Did score a few pieces of junk jewelry to help keep me motivated in the quest.  No gold — hopefully next time.  Nice being able to get out into the water today without getting slammed by a wave — it was fairly calm for the Atlantic.

24238E28-5640-4C0D-A49C-6F71B557A47B.jpeg

EFA9B3E0-2B4B-4CBD-ACCB-AD19BEAB2881.jpeg

6DDDA1DB-654B-47FA-8407-DB2BF9094775.jpeg

Nice looking ring man! Any day with silver is a good day. 👍 Ask any relic hunter 🤣

Great hunt again and that silver should clean up very nicely.

Good luck on your next hunt.

That looks like a good time to me, well done and congrats on the silver ring! I love the Melborne area, but the last time we were there the "renourishment" sand was so deep that we sank up to our knees and targets were scarcer than hen's teeth. 😎

CPT — unfortunately they are already gearing up for more renourishment sand so I hear.  It is the new norm.  This just gives us a very small window to get the goodies.  I just wish I had the roughly 100 million dollar contract every year.  Sounds like a good ole boy network. Yep it seems the same company every year gets the contract from what I understand.  Hmmmm.  

This is one of the reasons the competition gets tough around here.  Everyone knows to get the marathon detecting in before the massive sand dump happens and it’s not just this county — both north n south of us too.  It’s like hunting on public land — if you get something you did your homework.

In the end It’s always a good time and adventure.  This weekend I will be long walking to get away from the crowds on the jewelry beaches.  Usually 6 mile round trip.  I need to see if there is any cuts or Spanish stuff out there that is not sanded in yet.  If anything I will get my exercise in.  Thank goodness it’s not August weather.

2 hours ago, PI-Man said:

unfortunately they are already gearing up for more renourishment sand so I hear.  It is the new norm.  This just gives us a very small window to get the goodies.  

So when they pump that sand back in what are the odds of them pumping in some old Spanish treasure? There was that guy last year that got some on youtube...I remember reading where someone speculated he was hunting in a re nourished area? 

strick

36 minutes ago, strick said:

So when they pump that sand back in what are the odds of them pumping in some old Spanish treasure? There was that guy last year that got some on youtube...I remember reading where someone speculated he was hunting in a re nourished area? 

strick

There are a few beaches that use dredges to suck in ocean sand. Those could definitely be good places to detect. But unfortunately, they truck in most of the sand which is light and fluffy stuff with nothing in it.

It's also not good for the sea turtles who lay their eggs in the fluff thinking is a safe place. I've seen photos after a few storms on "renourished" beaches that was littered with thousands of eggs all over the place from hundreds of destroyed nests. I've also heard from local beach fishermen who said all the extra sand was killing the reefs off shore where the bait fish live and fishing was getting worse because of it. I think the only folks who actually like the renourishment projects (besides the contractors who do it) are the beach resorts and B&B owners who want to attract the summer tourists (which is understandable), and probably the beach home owners who want to keep their houses from sliding into the ocean, but how well does that well does that actually work? 🙄