Manticore Vdi's

MFF18B

All,

The temp was hovering around 4 degrees and since I had some down time, I decided to conduct an air test on all my coins with the Manticore, D2 and Legend.  This was for informational purposes only and to get a base line for the different detectors.  I realize air tests aren't for everyone and that they have their limitations but I know some folks are interested in this type of data so I wanted to share the Manticore results.  The Manticore was in stock All Terrain High Conductors, and the coins were moved across the coil at a distance of about 3 inches.  Some of these coins were dug but most were not, and they vary in condition from Fine to Mint State.  Now, the only questions is whether I can successfully upload the document into the topic.  

Jerry 

Manticore VDI.pdf

19 minutes ago, FloridaSon said:

Yes it is there, that must have taken a lot of time. Thank you

Florida,

It took several hours, with the assistance of my gf who was less than enthused, lol.  I did find it interesting that the Manticore and the Legend had almost identical numbers for the nickel range and the Gold $1 range.  

I also see a couple mistakes I made, the 1976 Eisenhower T2 dollar should have read 95/96 and I misspelled Constellatio.  

That is the best chart I have seen.  Thanks.

If it is not too much trouble, could you post the Legend chart?

1 hour ago, JCR said:

JCR,

Sure can, Give me a day or so, it’s on my other computer.  

People don't usually show California fractional gold pieces, so thanks for that.  I see that the 50 cent size you ID'ed (12) hits even lower than the nickel 3 cent piece (14/15).  They also made a 25 cent variety.  Wow, that one must ID really low!

Any of you California/Oregon trail, mining camp, and ghost town detectorists ever find one of these, or hear of someone else finding them?

19 hours ago, JCR said:

JCR,

I posted the chart in the Legend forum. 

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

People don't usually show California fractional gold pieces, so thanks for that.  I see that the 50 cent size you ID'ed (12) hits even lower than the nickel 3 cent piece (14/15).  They also made a 25 cent variety.  Wow, that one must ID really low!

Any of you California/Oregon trail, mining camp, and ghost town detectorists ever find one of these, or hear of someone else finding them?

GB,

Yes that surprised me a bit.  I wasn't aware that they made a 25 cent variety, that has to be a small coin since the 50 cent version is already small.