Who Is Trash Talking Minelab? Why? Cause We Can!

For me, I'm very happy with my Minelab product.  I have owned my 5000 for over 5 years with no issues and I have even taken some good falls with it.  I hunt almost every weekend and still using the stock battery for a full day of detecting.  From my experience, Minelab has built me a solid product that finds me gold, nails, bullets, wire oh wait, its a metal detector.  hahaha

If I had one complaint to mention, I wish the aftermarket coils were more durable!  I have spent a lot of money on those round plastic things.

Brian.

12 hours ago, scoopjohnb said:

Comparing a Landrover to a Minelab?

The thing has all kind of weird electronic wizardry trying to overcome an obstacle in its path.

I would much prefer you'd compare a Toyota to a Minelab.

On a Toyota you lock the diffs, shift the big V8 diesel in gear and point it at that rock your going to climb.

On a Minelab you set the ground balance, fiddle with the sens and swing it away at the meanest ground you can think off.

Landrovers are for Sunday afternoon tea whilst James loads your most favourite pheasant tickler!

Toyotas are for Monday morning bacon and egg while watching the weather radar!

Not comparing so much the Landrover, rather the level of service.

If you pay top dollar for a product, which you do with a GPZ, you expect exceptional service.

ps, I thought Toyota was a "bit on the nose" in the US of A currently :-)