Website Back In Time ×

The Long And Winding Hunt (relics, Coins)

Wow, F350, spanking the the 1/2 cent again, congrats! And love the spike, Wheatie, doggy pin, and pistol decoration (judging from the size), well done! 

On 2/11/2023 at 6:55 AM, F350Platinum said:

Thanks JCR, I debated posting this but did because I got another half cent. Wonder why they're getting so common all of a sudden ?

I have a theory about this. I feel like when you get a very desired target, you become tuned to it on the detector. When I got my first silver dime, it wasn't too long until I hit another. Now I know that sound and when I hear it, it's an instant dig decision. Lately I've been digging Wheaties a lot, even found one in a very new park recently, which is great because I love Wheaties. But I know that sound now and again, when I hear it, I dig it. Now I just need to retune myself for silvers! ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I have a theory about this. I feel like when you get a very desired target, you become tuned to it on the detector. When I got my first silver dime, it wasn't too long until I hit another. Now I know that sound and when I hear it, it's an instant dig decision. Lately I've been digging Wheaties a lot, even found one in a very new park recently, which is great because I love Wheaties. But I know that sound now and again, when I hear it, I dig it. Now I just need to retune myself for silvers! ?

? Wheats and IHPs are in the 80-90 range, oddly with the Reaper IHP's are generally on the low end, and wheats can come up from 85-91. ?

I dig anything that throws a pretty consistent ID in the 90s, and usually around 80, because that 100 year old gold ring was a 79. I dig most signals from 40 to 65. 67/8 are those thicker buttons, and a really fat one is going into the 80s so they come up. ?

I'll even dig stuff in the 30s but most times it's foil.

Only rarely now does a falsing nail get me, I'll turn 45-90 degrees and the Reaper will dive it to low tones. Moving on! Big iron can still be a problem if it's over a foot down, but the Quest pinpointer will stop me when I get close. ?

• Like 2

To me, a lot of that big iron is worth digging on an old site, especially if you are already halfway there.

• Like 2