Two In The Hole - Again! Coins, Relics (update)

F350Platinum

6 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Cap'n, for some reason the silver keeps coming. It's the easiest metal to find, but it hasn't been for me until I got some new permissions. Best found randomly where you wouldn't expect it.

I bumped reactivity to 2 in that spot, may have something to do with it. There's a lot of iron and junk around where the house was, even more in the old garage area.20230215_164918.thumb.jpg.44910f92bfb76c457b68ad859f1f9002.jpg

They must have had a Ford Model T or two in this garage. Dug a hubcap (my avatar) here along with a couple of valve covers that look like screwdriver handles.

Love your photos too, Bob, it's refreshing to see green ground this time of year. 🙂

5 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

it's refreshing to see green ground this time of year. 🙂

It's too green, there were carpenter bees on some of the daffodils. 😀 Today we're in the 70s. It happens here, especially when the northern jet isn't as strong as the Southern, which I believe has risen. 🤣 

On 2/16/2023 at 11:54 AM, NCtoad said:

Bob, I think you’re starting to become a silver addict!  Congrats!

Thanks NC, I'd like to be but what comes around goes away in detecting. 😀 Especially Relic and old coin hunting.

7 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Good job Soldier!

Thanks Colonel, 🫡 if you could see me (or not😀) sometimes, I'm wearing Woodland Camo, Wrangler's repro of the colors I wore from '81 to '91. Started out in the Vietnam era olive. Ended before things took on a shade of tan or ACU. 😅

Realtree™ is all the rage here, people wear it to work. 

22 minutes ago, unox said:

Love the silver, there such a piece of art your silver coins, great pictures👌

They were, my favorite is the Walking liberty half dollar. Only half dollar I've ever found. Thank you! Our coins were made much worse starting in 1965. 😀

I need to start checking the deus forum more often just seeing your post. Nice work as usual 350 very pretty places you are hunting. I've only ever found one shield Nickel and it looked just like yours 🤣 After seated's  SLQ are my favorite coins.. thanks for posting.

strick 

6 hours ago, strick said:

I need to start checking the deus forum more often just seeing your post. Nice work as usual 350 very pretty places you are hunting. I've only ever found one shield Nickel and it looked just like yours 🤣 After seated's  SLQ are my favorite coins.. thanks for posting.

strick 

Thanks Strick!

I always hit the newspaper icon and scroll through looking for new posts relevant to all my interests, I know some just read individual forums. Coins, relics and jewelry are probably more popular. Actually thought ya might miss it with your new love and all 🤣, but the D2 has been getting bashed some so I thought I'd throw it there.

The more I think about it, the shield nickel may be my second, but it was what I call the "thank you for coming" find you get sometimes walking back to your vehicle, in this case about a mile away. The main gates are rarely open here so we have to come in through another permission next to it. I thought we should follow where and old road was, Chase got a Mercury dime on it. Research is starting to make random finds like these more frequent.

SLQ's evaded me my first two years, the only one I ever saw was one Chase nailed in tree roots at the steamboat landing (now known as the Poison Ivy Palace) next to my house. Another place to find coins is by searching the "Turn Zone" in fields. Back then turning your animals was a stressful ordeal. It's also where the hunters stand, I've found everything from Spanish silver to King George cents to modern coins there. Hills were stressful too, it pays to hunt both the bottom and top of them.

Quick update, I went back to the first farm a few days ago to look for the farmers' ring, after 5.5 miles of scouting the rest of this 100 acres and searching the spot he told me his ring was, I only got a few coins. Again the best find came from where a road passed through the farm in the late 1800s, many of these roads are gone now.20230216_182545.thumb.jpg.8022552a8025072c90ae69179249b721.jpg

Pretty toasted 1876 IHP. Went back to the house and dug some more wheats from the front yard:20230216_182433.thumb.jpg.cd503c456d308569ab6703af2c2f23ae.jpg

Tiny brass plate with "My Diary" stamped on it was the only other really interesting find. 😀20230216_182606.thumb.jpg.89c7371b85cdce8ccd7ae10ff52fdafe.jpg

Planning on coming back again to look for that ring, I have to be careful because the spot is planted with winter wheat.

• The title was changed to Two In The Hole - Again! Coins, Relics (update)
9 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Strick! . Actually thought ya might miss it with your new love and all 🤣, but the D2 has been getting bashed some so I thought I'd throw it there.

Lol  yea been spending too much time on the manticore forum. I remember my first true love the ctx 3030. Nothing was as good or better then it. I could not see how anyone could find fault with it. Yea it was a little heavy...maybe a little slow but I could pull stuff out of the nail beds it seemed just as well as my buddy with his deus 1. After hunting with me for over a year...he couldn’t take it any longer and bought a ctx for himself. He was so much into the deus I don’t think he ever really learned all the controls on the ctx but I had set it up for him to just turn on and go (he had done the same for me with my deus) He takes his grand daughter coin hunting with it. But he still is a Deus guy #1

Sometimes a guy will make a post titled X detector finds this or Y detector finds that. When the truth of the matter is most likely any modern detector would have found it just as easily...because we all know it’s not what your using but how your using it and more importantly then anything where you are hunting that really matters. Like Steve says all of the modern vlfs are so close in technology it’s like splitting hairs. I’d. Say with gold nugget hunting it’s little different as the machines are different technologically speaking

But yea detector bashing gets old quick. I spend about 2 seconds on a couple of the face book pages and have to leave it’s so bad.  The xp deus 2 is a great machine one of the best out there,  We all like watching your exploits Bob your onto some really cool spots with lots of old history so keep posting buddy 👍

Strick