Manticore Beach Hunters - Need Some Help

Hope minelab will put in ground mineralization's meter feature on future update.. at least we have some kind of indicator and maybe can react accordingly... For USD 1599.99999 detector it should have that meter like deus 2 at least.. 

11 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Thanks. I'm sure by now everyone else thinks I'm nuts 😄 It will be interesting to see if that happens again when you go back. Hope you heal well. I won't be back at this beach anytime soon, but there are some sections of other beaches that give it limited depth trouble as well.  Maybe I'll try and see if single frequency has any effect.

Na you're not nuts lol. It happened to me this past week at one of my fresh water beaches...it's full of layers of black sand...the water is all run off from the high sierras gold country. It's a tough hunt the CTX really struggled at this spot I've been hunting it for years. The Nox does better I settled on using the park and field programs as they ran the best. Took the Manti there and tried using the beach modes ...the machine would not balance past zero...would not balance at all really...put it in AT general and it did balance out...However this beach is so bad that I constantly am re balancing all the time. I think I used to run the Nox in tracking mostly there.  Try using non beach modes if you encounter it again...the machine may run better but there is no real way to make any vlf run smooth in conditions like that.

strick 

5 hours ago, strick said:

Took the Manti there and tried using the beach modes ...the machine would not balance past zero...would not balance at all really...put it in AT general and it did balance out...

I'm starting to wonder if something is different in Beach Mode when it comes to ground balancing compared to other modes.  I recall Tom D. made a big deal about not ground balancing in sand, but I realize he wasn't talking about magnetic black sand beaches that you guys are dealing with.

7 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I'm starting to wonder if something is different in Beach Mode when it comes to ground balancing compared to other modes.  I recall Tom D. made a big deal about not ground balancing in sand, but I realize he wasn't talking about magnetic black sand beaches that you guys are dealing with.

I skimmed through the manual after that hunt but could not find anything about the beach modes gb being set to zero as a default..this may be a question for the Tom D site because there is some kinda difference in the way the beach mode gb reads the ground vs the all terrain modes. Next time I go back I'll try the prospector mode and see how it does. 

strick