Legend Day 1

We are an impatient bunch & just want to hear you do well with it.  I know you certainly have the detecting skill set to get the most out of any machine. I want to see how it does in your hot red dirt.

When you power the detector on, the version will appear briefly in the top right corner.

That LG 30 12X9 is a very good coil & it's lighter, but the stock LG 28 is also very good & deeper.

If you decide the Legend is a keeper I would highly recommend the LG 24 and the LG 35 coils too.(I have all 5)  There are enough adjustments on a V1.11 Legend to keep a tweaker happy in any situation.

26 minutes ago, Daniel Tn said:

My unit is new but didn't come with anything detailing what version it is and the hardcopy manual it came with doesn't have that in it.    

When you turn it on, the version temporarily appears at the top right of the screen.

EDIT: Never mind. I missed JCR's post about it 🙂

Thanks for being patient with some of these posts Daniel since I didn’t read anywhere in your posts where you asked for Legend help, advice, tips or even said anything about not knowing what you were doing besides the discrepancy in the printed manual.

Anyway, when is the last time anyone not named Daniel that has posted advice has found an 1885 Seated dime? It has been three years since I found a seated dime but it was an 1887.

Well done Daniel.

11 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Thanks for being patient with some of these posts Daniel since I didn’t read anywhere in your posts where you asked for Legend help, advice, tips or even said anything about not knowing what you were doing besides the discrepancy in the printed manual.

Anyway, when is the last time anyone not named Daniel that has posted, found an 1885 Seated dime. It has been three years since I found a seated dime but it was an 1887.

I found a 1850-O SL dime 4 1/2 yrs. ago--CTX w/6" coil--would that do? 🙂

3 minutes ago, D&P-OR said:

I found a 1850-O SL dime 4 1/2 yrs. ago--CTX w/6" coil--would that do? 🙂

Absolutely!!!

Good luck with the legend, Daniel. 
I’ve only been out two brief times with mine. I have the 12x9 on order also,,and I’ll be switching between it and the 9.5x6. I’ll hang onto the 6” for certain spots as well. The Legend has quietly quite a lot going for it especially considering it’s price point. 

I didn't even see the version numbers up there before.  I looked when I got home. Mine is 1.09.  It'll have to stay that way for a while: busy week ahead for me.  

I bought the LG30 over the others because it seems to be the one everybody seems to be liking the best.  I wouldn't have thought there would be much difference between the 11 inch round stock coil and a 12x9, just looking at the dimensions.  I would have gravitated more towards the LG24 if it would have been me just going for a coil based on specs.  But I've seen very very little out there about it.  

Seated silver doesn't come often for me either.  East Tennessee just isn't known for producing large numbers of silver coins from that Era.  It has been years since I've found a seated coin. My last one was probably 2009 or 2010 and was a couple of seated half dimes. This is the 1st seated 10c dime I've ever found.  

39 minutes ago, Daniel Tn said:

I bought the LG30 over the others because it seems to be the one everybody seems to be liking the best.  I wouldn't have thought there would be much difference between the 11 inch round stock coil and a 12x9, just looking at the dimensions.  I would have gravitated more towards the LG24 if it would have been me just going for a coil based on specs.  But I've seen very very little out there about it.  

I don't have any need for a coil larger than the LG24, but everyone I know that has the LG30, much prefers it over the stock coil. Ditto for the LG24 being preferred over the stock coil. The stock coil has slightly more coverage than the LG24, but the LG24 is significantly superior in every other aspect.

I think all the coils available have their strengths & place.  A couple of Concentrics would be nice.

My last three Seated coins were all Dimes.  1876 was in the best condition. I would like to find a Half Dime too.