Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Deus 2 Short Curb Strip Hunt Gold

On 4/6/2023 at 2:43 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

So, I concentrated on the gold and silver range of target IDs specifically any good sounding target with a consistent ID of 59 to 63

Good job on the ring find!  
I think you need to reevaluate the numbers of the range on gold rings you are trying to find. Looking at some Deus 2 test charts and checking multiple gold targets would also help. 

9 hours ago, midalake said:

Good job on the ring find!  
I think you need to reevaluate the numbers of the range on gold rings you are trying to find. Looking at some Deus 2 test charts and checking multiple gold targets would also help. 

I already made a very thorough gold ring chart before I sold all of my scrap gold rings when gold topped $1900 per ounce US. 

In thick aluminum trash of all sizes with Deus 2 aluminum target IDs from the mid 30s to high 90s and coin popping only, no shovel digging, I have to pick my poison carefully and hunt areas repeatedly, concentrating on different groups of potential gold ring target IDs. Digging everything is absolutely not an option here.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Elbert said:

That s a bunch of digging. My knees hurt just  looking at the finds.  Nice rings.

My knees hurt too!!!!! But I still try to average 40 to 50 targets an hour when I am in a really trashed area like that with good coin and ring potential. I don't spend too much time interrogating targets. Once I am fairly certain about the target’s low/medium/high conductivity and depth and maybe even its identity, I'm digging.

• Like 2

Jeff

Ditto on the sore knees.

I've been detecting almost every day here at the fairgrounds since ground thaw a few weeks ago..

I just moved from the carnival area to camping. 

Still lots of tabs and caps , and zincs !! 

If there was only one thing I have learned here it's target IDs are not rules , but more like guidelines....  arrrrrrrr !

My first silver( in the carnival area )was a Nox 20 ID  and def NOT a zinc !

Yesterday I found a RV door key ,,, ID 20.   And yes ,,,,,,, it fits my door .

Dig those tabs and zincs folks !

I'm even considering investigating some of those iron ID grunts......