Another Land Ranger Inbound

I just like collecting the classics lol.  I am hoping that this one has the 0-299 VDI numbers. 

My first one came broken.  I sent it in to be repaired.  They replaced the faceplate and the main board.  It had the 0-165 VDI numbers after it was fixed, just like my Time ranger.

I need to get a HD video unit to forever put these machines on the map again.  

I am probably the only vocal superfan for these machines.  

• Like 2

I'm not familiar with this detector but found this on YouTube. The fellow obviously knows the detector pretty well and to be honest, it looks intriguing and fun to use.  I hope you can put up some pictures or videos (a phone shoots HD, save your money on a camera to start).  Not every older detector is a wall hanger, a lot of them still work and find things!

Thanks for posting.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 6:29 PM, Bill (S. CA) said:

I'm not familiar with this detector but found this on YouTube. The fellow obviously knows the detector pretty well and to be honest, it looks intriguing and fun to use.  I hope you can put up some pictures or videos (a phone shoots HD, save your money on a camera to start).  Not every older detector is a wall hanger, a lot of them still work and find things!

Thanks for posting.

Bill

Thanks for the comments Bill.  The machine I have is the original Land Ranger.  Total different creature.  

I have a Land Ranger Pro.  It is a solid machine for the price.  The Hunter GT did some great videos on a lot of machines.  It is unfortunate that his health has prevented him from doing anything more in the detecting field.

I will take your advice on doing a video with my phone for now.  I was only going to purchase a 50-60$ camera to start.  I do not have the time in my life to become a detecting video blogger anyway lol.

It might me a few weeks before I can get out with a machine.  I had a work related injury to my knee on Monday.  Recovering from that might take a bit.